powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help us with our family room, furniture etc.
gidgie
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We bought this house 10 months ago. The previous owners left these utility shades ( you see them in offices,hospitals). This window is 9 1/2 ft. We need help with window treatments, we want to put this furniture in another room. We were wondering if a comfy sectional would work better so we can enjoy the fabulous view from the window. Maybe a cream color, but we have 2 grandchildren who might have messy fingers at times. The T.V. is sitting there like a sore thumb! An armoire was suggested( thanks Darzy), the wall color is Ben Moore - Gray Cashmere. The rug compliments the wall color. Our fireplace is also a consideration to be changed (to what ?) during the summer months. Never had a slider door before, we are perplexed about how to design around it. We get alot of light in this room.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Have you considered building a trim and mantel unit over your stone fireplace? With one as below you could take the idea to the right as a build-in for the TV. I think you need some color - walls and rug and armchair are tending to beige. Look for a leather sofa that will last, maybe in a yellow to pick up the strip in the armchair. Simple panels hung floor to ceiling on a decorative rod would work at each end of the window. Try a valance in the same fabric over the sliders. Consider a pair of accent chairs to flank the FP.
Parade 2009
Exclusive Italian Leather Living Room Furniture
Decor by Jennifer Inc
Bailey Accent Chair, Linx
January 23, 2013 at 7:17pm   
More Discussions
Bathroom Decor Opinions Wanted!
I am trying to decide what our basement bathroom needs!...
Thoughts on new Great Room/Kitchen Colors
We're building a new home in the SF bay area and are...
Shutter dilemma
I'm looking for advice on shutters. I can't change...
If you could change one thing about your house...
...what would it be? Tell us in the comments! If...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.