powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Small living space! I need a Flat tv and it need to be livable!
ManLand LandMan
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I Absolutely need help with the small living space! 6 grand to spend own the space/Furniture and paint.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Digital Imaging by Tina - Interior Designer
Hi, what is your design style and taste preference? Traditional, modern etc.- what colors do you like?
....You can really add a nice look to this space!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 2:37PM
Manon Floreat
Please help orient me to the space. In the 2nd photo, is the space to the right a dining area? Or is the dining are in the upper area of the 3rd photo?
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 2:43PM
ManLand LandMan
I have to small dinning areas : ( modern is what I'm after
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 7:12PM
PRO
Kevin Twitty- IBB Designer
I would suggest finding a local designer or design facility, paying them a small fee and having them space plan for you. This is going to help you tremendously, especially with a small space.

It is way to hard to give you specifics with these picture and no information as far as size of room, style you want to try to convey or needs you are looking for.
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 7:17PM
Manon Floreat
With $6K - you can do well, but you'll have to shop smart. I would recommend starting with an apartment size modular sofa, an area rug, armless chair and TV console. You can float the sofa facing the long wall. On the long wall you can place your TV console and flat screen. To the left of the fireplace and angled towards the sofa, an armless chair.

The advantage of modular sofas is that they can be arranged in different configurations - unlike sectionals. An example is below. Notice how it can be divided. A matching ottoman would turn it into a chaise and provide flexible seating.

Here are a couple of examples of narrow and small living spaces. They may give you some additional ideas. Keep your eyes open for floor models, furniture consignment stores, estate sales and craigslist to make the most of your budget. IKEA is another good source of affordable furnishings and accessories. A great room does not to have to cost a fortune!

A Modern Miami Home

Chelsea house

The upper area in the living space could be an informal study with a desk, bookshelf and perhaps a reading chair.

Your space can be really great. Good luck.
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 11:30PM
PRO
Digital Imaging by Tina - Interior Designer
If you're not sure of color theme or interior decor; here are a few tips: Creating space- typical cool colors tend to have a receding effect on walls, which gives a greater feeling of space in a room. Use this to create an open, airy atmosphere, as well as creating a cool effect. Enlarging a room-light colors on large surfaces create a feeling of space. Use them to make a small room seem larger, or on selective surfaces such as ceilings to give an impression of greater height. When choosing accessories, pick out the decorative accessories for your room before completing the decorating color scheme if there is an object you particularly like or find inspiring…….
I hope some of these tips are useful to you! If you’re not sure on where to start; please see some digital images I’ve created on Houzz…
Happy Decorating!!!
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 6:19AM
Judit
It's not small, spacious and airy. Ideal base for a unique home.
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 7:18AM
Manon Floreat
Here's a possible furniture arrangement that may be useful to you.
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 4:00PM