powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What style of chairs to pair with this couch?
angelinah77
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Finally purchased a new couch and chairs are next. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what style to pick for chairs. Would love some suggestions. I suppose my style is eclectic but I try to make large purchases a cleaner neutral style. Current chairs are in shown also. Love them for comfort and a pop of color but hubby don't like them and they tip over easy. No good for our small kids. Also, husband loves the coffee table but I just don't know if it works.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
I would suggest chairs with curves to serve as a counterpoint to your linearly shaped sofa. Here are a couple from West Elm. They come in a variety of colors.

Sweep Upholstered Armchair

Tulip Upholstered Chair

I personally love the table. Gives the room some oompf!
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 2:39PM
onthefence
I love the couch! Ours is very similar but not as long.

We have a barrel chair similar to the tulip chair Manon posted. I've never tested it for tipping. Ours is a swivel which works better in our living room configuration. And like you, we use it for a pop of color. Ours is lipstick red ;-)

0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 2:44PM
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Angelina. We love the suggestions so far, but noticed that you have somewhat of a multi-functional space and thought some swivel action may be useful. This swivel-glide chair from Klaussner (http://www.atgstores.com/accent-chairs/klaussner-12swgl-swivel-glide-accent-chair_g856191.html?isku=7064766&linkloc=cataLogProductItemsImage) comes in 8 different upholstery shades and is actually a bit smaller on the measurements, too, which may give you a little more walk-through room and allow you to pivot without always moving your chairs. We hope this idea helps and wish you luck.
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 3:37PM
Walter Frazier
Paint the coffee table gloss black. Will look great with the sofa. A couple of post-war chairs would look nice.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
To all Houzzers...
Have a great holiday season.
Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design
Need advice for Counterdepth Fridge
Hi everyone--we have an odd space for our fridge. It's...
kriskcor
Something's missing
I was recently renovating my house and I have a 1.5...
nickyzhu2011
Help my Bathroom!!!
My log cabin guest bathroom is really boring. I want...
cabinretreater43
Should I case the windows or not?
We are about to put in new trim and window casings...
erodg
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.