powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What style of chairs to pair with this couch?
angelinah77
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Finally purchased a new couch and chairs are next. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what style to pick for chairs. Would love some suggestions. I suppose my style is eclectic but I try to make large purchases a cleaner neutral style. Current chairs are in shown also. Love them for comfort and a pop of color but hubby don't like them and they tip over easy. No good for our small kids. Also, husband loves the coffee table but I just don't know if it works.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Manon Floreat
I would suggest chairs with curves to serve as a counterpoint to your linearly shaped sofa. Here are a couple from West Elm. They come in a variety of colors.

Sweep Upholstered Armchair

Tulip Upholstered Chair

I personally love the table. Gives the room some oompf!
January 23, 2013 at 2:39pm     
onthefence
I love the couch! Ours is very similar but not as long.

We have a barrel chair similar to the tulip chair Manon posted. I've never tested it for tipping. Ours is a swivel which works better in our living room configuration. And like you, we use it for a pop of color. Ours is lipstick red ;-)

January 23, 2013 at 2:44pm   
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Angelina. We love the suggestions so far, but noticed that you have somewhat of a multi-functional space and thought some swivel action may be useful. This swivel-glide chair from Klaussner (http://www.atgstores.com/accent-chairs/klaussner-12swgl-swivel-glide-accent-chair_g856191.html?isku=7064766&linkloc=cataLogProductItemsImage) comes in 8 different upholstery shades and is actually a bit smaller on the measurements, too, which may give you a little more walk-through room and allow you to pivot without always moving your chairs. We hope this idea helps and wish you luck.
January 23, 2013 at 3:37pm     
Walter Frazier
Paint the coffee table gloss black. Will look great with the sofa. A couple of post-war chairs would look nice.
January 23, 2013 at 3:54pm   
More Discussions
Master Bedroom Help!
What color and type of fabric should I use to drape...
New kitchen, but just not working.
Hi all. Here is my dilemma. We built this house...
Kendall Full Daybed
Does this include the bookcase at the end?
Need help finalizing the decor in our dining room.....
You can see the after transformation pictures compared...
glass shelves for our built-in
We are having a custom built-in installed in our dining...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.