Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Want to build a kiosk kitchen in middle of auditorium
Andrew
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi I have been searching madly for any photos of a kiosk kitchen that would work in the middle of the church that I have bought to convert to home, I would like to have a walk in pantry behind cabinetry, I like the look of Alno kitchens but cannot find any photos of kitchens placed in the middle of a room, we are trying to not do what most people do with kitchens in churches and replace stage with kitchen. we want to add stairs on the front of stage that are accessed from the kitchen platform.
does anybody have any ideas of photos?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Joys, Jewels, and Gems
Reposting with picture at bottom of the page. Thank you.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 6:14PM
lionnessone
What are the dimensions of the stage and area of the Church?
I was thinking you could utilize the stage as the dining room or breakfast nook. You will have to install a safety banister.
Think about a circular kitchen that will overlook the living space. On each side of the stage, up against the walls you will install shelving and counters in a circular motion. At the end of the counter, install the stairs that will lead you onto the stage for dining. In-between the stairs in front of the stage, you can install a bar area. On one end of the counter, you will put your fridge and on the other end of the counter, you can utilize that space for a wine fridge. On the opposite side of the bar area, build the cooking area and in the centre of the kitchen a large circular island with sink and dishwasher. I hope this helps. See pictures.

[houzz=Circular Kitchen 1][houzz=Circular Kitchen 2][houzz=Complete House Renovation][houzz=][houzz=Ceiling Treatments by Stadler Custom Homes][houzz=Great room][houzz=Kitchen][houzz=][houzz=Reed's Kitchen]
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 7:03PM
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 7:07PM
Andrew
Ive never used this site and it seems like you get some good ideas, the stage area would be approx 5m wide and 10m running upto the stage, the whole room is approx 13x13 M ive attached a little scetch but am not happy with this idea.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 9:55PM
orangecamera
I'm not sure what you mean by kiosk kitchen. Do you mean one that's in the middle of the room with no kitchen walls? I'm picturing something like a series of kitchen islands with no upper cabinets...is that what you mean? Series of islands...a "kitchen archipelago"?
2 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 10:01PM
Andrew
Originally I was going to build a kiosk in the middle of the room (like a capsule), Now I think I want a free standing wall on the living side and behind that is a walk in pantry, seperated by cabininetry which has the fridge and oven in, and then maybe a island, all sitting on a platform that is raised from the rest fo the floor
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 10:05PM
Andrew
Somewhere here I would like to incorporate a booth as well!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 10:06PM
orangecamera
Some ideas for you. Do you plan to use the space under the raised kitchen for anything in particular?

Waterfront Residence - Dining Room

Feng Kitchen

kitchen

Miller Beach House
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 10:19PM
Andrew
Yes I would like to have 2 Pull out beds on living room side and maybe some storage elsewhere,
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 10:20PM
orangecamera
Sounds like a fascinating project! Is the room the former sanctuary with an altar? Or is it a former meeting hall with an actual stage? If it's a stage, there's probably storage space under it already.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 10:29PM
Andrew
It is a former 1938 church that has not been used for 10 years and yes there is storage under stage but it is only accesable form outside at this point. This is just the start of my design problems many more to come as I contininue on project. I need to utilise the Pews in my design as well it would be a shame not to use the wood they are made of silver ash. I like the kitchens you sent me orangecamera thanks!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 10:47PM
PRO
Joys, Jewels, and Gems
Additional ideas are the photos below. Email if I am not back on this. g(dot)em(at)usa(dot)com
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 10:55PM
PRO
Joys, Jewels, and Gems
I see the middle didn't show well. It's a complete circle, like the last one here.
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
Wallpaper or paint?
All these decorations will be removed anyway. So,...
zangiex3
Need advice
Can u help me in choosing the right chandelier for...
Haifaa Rihan
Narrow entry wall that opens to large space
Just got this piece. It is a vintage piece. Want to...
Vanessa Sierra-Torres
Need help for my living room
hi to every one i have 2 red sofas and a black...
kareine
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.