Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with my bedroom....
noradesh
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
my carpets are dark green, curtains are light green, wall is apricot...i want to repaint the walls to match my carpets, or blend in with the dark green carpet, because i cant pull them out...can u help.....
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
noradesh
please help...i need an upgrade......thanks....noraod1966@yahoo.com
January 23, 2013 at 6:21pm   
noradesh
help,,,i need new paint to match these green carpets...i cant remove them, so thats not an option...i have no emagination what so ever...please help me....my curtains are light green...i have some green on my spread with dark mauve, which i really like...i dont want white..its too drastic...but mabey a wakiki and some other to blend on my walls and definitely nw curtains to match....help help help...
January 23, 2013 at 6:24pm   
noradesh
i just need to know what would look good with my green carpets, down to the curtains, paint and bed spread.................hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ppppppppppppppppppp........
January 23, 2013 at 6:26pm   
Darzy
I think an antique white on the walls would look fresh. Or a swiss coffee...which looks white..but is "coffee with a lot of cream".
January 23, 2013 at 6:28pm     
oneofeleven
Could you please post some more pictures of your room?
January 23, 2013 at 6:33pm   
Genevieve
Since your furniture is Colonial I was thinking of introducing a bit of floral in the window covering ,paint the walls a pale yellow http://apartmentsilike.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/french-country-bedroom-furniture.jpg?w=500
January 23, 2013 at 6:41pm     
noradesh
ill try, im new at this thing...please bear with me....thanks.i also have floral wall paper now that im in the process of eliminating....
January 23, 2013 at 6:49pm   
PRO
Kevin Twitty- IBB Designer
The room have a very outdated feel. I wish you could replace your carpeting. However, sometimes you have to work with what you got.

I think a great update would be using Useful Gray 7050 by Sherwin-Williams, see example:

This is going to make your space feel much cleaner.
I do not know what your bedding it, but keeping it a nice crisp off white would be beautiful.

In addition, if your trim isn't painted Alibaster, that will help as well.

If you want to infuse some great new curtain color, go with a warm champaign color.

Hope this helps.
January 23, 2013 at 7:14pm     
noradesh
could u show me what those colors look like? thank u....
January 24, 2013 at 7:03am   
Genevieve
Pineapple smoothie 142 Benjamin Moore or Wheatfield 2159-50http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/paint-color/pineapplesmoothy
January 24, 2013 at 7:28am   
Darzy
Yes! A wheat color on the walls would be perfect with your carpet and furniture.
January 24, 2013 at 12:01pm   
Darzy
noradesh...you mentioned your bedding has green with a dark mauve. If you have had the bedding for a while, I would recommend changing that out. The green/mauve is a bit dated and may look "tired". The best way to really feel the room has been freshened up is new paint and bedding. Green is back so don't worry about the carpet color. :)
January 24, 2013 at 12:04pm   
More Discussions
Exterior Ideas!!!
My husband and I bought our house 2 years ago. It...
Help me before I goof this up a little more!
Hello, I am currently in the midst of a piece-meal...
Help with mirror over fireplace
Just installed a corner gas fireplace that measures...
Are you a big fan of glamping or camping?
I'm not a camping fan at all. I can't stand not knowing...
Colour scheme
Hi, need help on the colour/design of my bedsheets...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.