Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my kitchen eating nook
megmegmeg
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need advice on my kitchen and eating area. Still deciding on cabinet colors but will be in a benjamin Moore white, considering marscapone, mayonnaise, atrium white, linen white. Counters are Santa Cecelia granite (not my pick!) with dark espresso floors. Struggling with picking out cab colors given the yellow in the counters...whites can't be too bright but can't be too yellow because i don't want to bring out anymore yellow in the counter.Northern exposure windows in rainy overcast weather (pacific northwest). The kitchen I included in the photo has the color blue I would like to use for the eating nook in the kitchen. So what I need are some kitchen backsplash and wall paint ideas and if anyone knows what color blue that is the photo, or at least point me in the right direction.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
lorna1215
One suggestion on the paint colors ..if you find a tone you like they can always back it down if you start too light..that's better than too dark because they can tweak it and make it darker ..I almost always change the colors I buy..find the tone you like and ask the paint dept to lighten or darken it..FYI 10 percent lighter is barely noticeable ..
January 23, 2013 at 11:48PM   
megmegmeg
Any ideas on the blue paint color?
January 26, 2013 at 12:59PM   
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
For wall colour it looks somewhat like Woodlawn blue or wickham gray on my monitor but I don't see that colour working well with the colours of your countertop and cabinetry paint if they have yellow. Better to find a photo that has cabinetry and counterop like yours and go from there.
January 26, 2013 at 1:23PM   
annhighland
We painted a bedroom BM woodlawn blue (historical color) on the walls with BM crisp linen (aura color) on the trim and it looks wonderful!
December 26, 2013 at 8:51AM   
PRO
Sustainable Dwellings
It looks nice... may need some color here and there.
December 26, 2013 at 9:16AM