Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need to update the bedroom!
Shawna Connell
January 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So I need your help once again. :) We are trying to figure out what to do with our bedroom. It is 25 ft x 12 ft. but because of the closets it is really only 22ft x 12ft. I need help with what color to paint it. I am just at a loss as to what to do with my bedroom. The furniture in the pictures are from the previous owners. We have dark cherry wood for our furniture. I would like to make a canopy to go around our king size bed but I am unsure it it would look good with the ceiling being only 8 feet tall. We would like the keep the closets the way they are and the door next to the closet is to our private balcony. Thanks again for all of your help. I am sure you will all have wonderful ideas!! :)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
We'll, I'd definitely put a window seat with storage underneath between the two closets flanking the window. To reduce the visual footprint of the closets you might knock down the white to a cream with a glaze. Painting the recess with an accent color might be fun! You can trim out the front to make the entire area look built in.
Libertyville Not So Big Showhouse
Dressing Area
Port Bristol Custom
warmington north
1 Like   January 24, 2013 at 2:45PM
PRO
Engrav's Decorating
The mahogany bed which sound beautiful is going to have some competition with all the white trim and closet and doors.
My suggestion would be to paint the trim a warmer color, lighter than the walls. Do you have your bedding selected? If so what colors are you using on your bed?
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 11:43PM
PRO
Anish Motwani Associates
hey

firstly do not have a canopy. it will make the room look small
go for some light pastel shades of cream, whites on the wall. Just one wall be nice wallpaper or vibrant color of your choose can be green, velvet or mustard

add rugs and nice silk curtains

regards
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 12:07AM
PRO
LB Interiors
No canopy - too small. I would change out the balcony door to a French Door. Paint the walls a warm color to compliment the richness and warmth in the mahogany furniture. Keep the moldings white. with a richer wall color. Choose bedding first to get your color inspiration. Maybe a desk or low chest under the window next to the closets. Like the bench seat at the niche area. Another option for the niche is to place a make-up vanity table where you get lots of natural light. I would choose a lighter piece or mirrored table or desk unlike your dark mahogany pieces. No matchy match. It's ok, more interesting.

0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 12:10AM
Shawna Connell
Thank you for the ideas! Lots of good options. I like gray and yellow but I am still not sure it is a for sure thing for me. I also like blues as well. Here are some of the color ideas and looks that I like but more suggestions would be wonderful! :)
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 8:19AM