Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Basement colors
lisaemommyj
January 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have decided to paint my basement as it is very dark and dreary down there because the lighting is horrible. I got half of it primed with kilz primer today. My husband and I would like to add some color to the walls, but not sure what color to use. The whole purpose of this project is to help the lighting situation without having to hire an electrician to run new wire for lights. Any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsrosie
Ralph Lauren Barn Owl White. Sorry I don't have the number. It is a beautiful subtle color that doesn't read white to me but isn't a boring beige either. Will go with anything and be light without being stark. You prob already thought of this, but I would change the curtains to white at least or even put in some white mini blinds, they can be shortened to that length, did it in our basement windows. It's nice b/c you can open them when you want to let light in but close for movie viewing or privacy. They are just the right size louver for those small windows. Good luck!
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 6:44PM
sambinkley
Well the paneling has to go and be replaced by something much lighter. The lighter you go, the brighter the room will be. it is tricky because a white would kind of harsh but chose a soft, light color that you would like. Go to your local home depot of other store where you can take samples and just see what colors and tones you would like best.
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 6:48PM
ConnieQ
I'm very interested in how things turn out for you...I am working with a similar challenge with our "TV room" and it's dark wood paneling circa 1965. I have a discussion on Houzz that I started yesterday with pics, if you'd like to see. Please post pics as your room is transformed and let me know how the painting of the paneling worked out. :)
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Need ideas for a 1915 home staircase grab rail.
Hoping to find a design appropriate way to add a grab...
A THORN IN MY SIDE!!! Need help with arrangment.
OK, I would love to rearrange my living room. What...
Need help identifying this baby furniture item?
A friend gave this to me and told me it was a walker...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.