Home of the
San Francisco Chronicle
Subscribe to the weekend Chronicle
4 months ago in
What is the best paint type to use over tile floors ?
There isn't really a good paint to go over tile. Adhesion is the problem...tile, especially gloss tile is like glass...paint doesn't adhere to glass very well. There may be some epoxies that work, but they are hard to work with and expensive. Tear out the tile and put in new. ALTHOUGH...that looks like vinyl tile! No grout joint? You may be able to use a floor paint...but it is even easier and cheaper to get rid of than ceramic floor tile. Peel it off, tear out the underlayment...generally much stapled particle board...bang down any staples that stay behind. Put in a new floor system.
4 months ago
- I used a panoramic picture to do this, hope it worked. We would...
- What is the ideal height difference between the bar top and the step...
What to do with this rail?
- Rail has to be there for safety but do not like...
Dining room interior
- I have just purchased an old dining table & chairs to...
Chair suggestions needed
- I've attached a picture of my dining room. the table...
Open photo in new window
The content on this page is provided by
and is subject to the Houzz
Copyright claims: contact the
Houzz designated agent