powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. Help, don't know what to do.
garciar8
January 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The previous owner of my house apparently loved mirrors. Now I don't know what to do with them. Behind each is closet space. I know, few people have too much storage space, but I do. So (1) what do I do about those mirrors and (2) is there a better use of this space? This is my bedroom.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
In a house, I like all doors to match. The choice 4 U would be the mirror doors or a slider closet door like the solid wood door. I'd stick with the mirror doors.
One closet could be converted to an office-study or computer area.
Built in office and reading nook <a rel=http://whimages.blogspot.com/2010/06/cushion-fo eclectic-home-office" class='zoomable commentAttachment'/>Built in office and reading nook...
1 Like   January 27, 2013 at 5:54PM
PRO
Interior Changes home design
Sliding closet doors are not that expensive. If you hate the mirrors and feel stuck in the 70's, then order new panels to match the existing ones in your home. For example if you have 2 panel cherry doors then order 2 panel closet slabs...if you have 6 panel oak doors, then order 6 panel closet slabs. It is an easy fix that will not break the bank.
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 6:00PM
garciar8
thanks for the ideas. Right now there are no panels on any of the doors but maybe I can play off the Frank Lloyd Wright french door and etch the mirrors. I do see that having matching doors will help tie the room together. I have a home office/library, but a reading nook may be nice.
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 6:45PM
putter2
An alcove sounds good for one......the one next to the first door.....built-in bookshelves floor to ceiling. If you can live with the mirrors, do, but you could have double paneled doors or louvered doors on the others. Double doors that open out or sliders.
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 7:07PM
garciar8
I can live with the mirrors. I have a home library so don't really need a place for books. I do need a place for processing clean laundry. I have the ironing board behind one of the doors (nearest the french doors). Maybe that is how I utilize the space. Any ideas for that?
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 6:44AM
centaurita
I would consider a full wall curtain in a lovely nuetral color on the wall with two closets, and perhaps turn the other into a diplay for collectibles or just to show off things you love.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 7:12AM
PRO
The Creative Man
Better usage, yes. Flip the space so that the bed floats by the mirrors and move the couch on the other side. The room walls need color to absorb the mirrors. Try a patterned curtains that are pulled aside instead of tied back.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 7:21AM
centaurita
Here is a closet converted to display area.
2 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 7:25AM
centaurita
Cute Alcove/ Nook.
1 Like   January 28, 2013 at 7:36AM
viratrevino
It may be an easy transition to convert one of the closets into a usable work/desk.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 7:56AM
TanCalGal
Did U want ironing area built in? storage ALEDOconcept

Also a charging station Olentangy Falls ~ Delaware, OH

Display shelving is nice...but also more to dust.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:55AM
garciar8
thanks @olldj22 for the great ideas. I like the ALEDO concept. The charging station is perfect too as we don't have a good place right now to do that! I
1 Like   January 28, 2013 at 11:22AM
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 1:07PM
garciar8
thanks @centaurita. That's awesome. Thanks to all for some great ideas.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 5:06PM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
the boookcase are a nice idea, one can replace theh mirror with paint grade doors havent read all the about sorry if Im repeating
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
Need help picking new stain colour for maple cabinets & hardwood.
I've just purchased this house and need help choosing...
Please HELP: bedroom layout, sparse, southwest
I live in a small apartment. My theme is modern southwest...
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...
Curtains/blinds for kitchen windows?
How would you decorate these windows - the sliding...
My "Woman" Cave... a soon to be peaceful retreat for ME!
This room has 2 sets of french doors with a set up...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.