Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What can I put under Wall Tv
1patch
January 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The room is 13.6 wide and 14.8 long. It opens to the kitchen, French door to dinning room two windows and and sliding glass door to outside,basically no wall space. My BIG problem is what to put under TV,if furniture what color, or should I just take the TV off the wall.

Just moved and am Stuck on what to do to make this room comfortable,do I need another coffee table? Any help would be great, thank you.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, 1patch. We think the lighter wood complements your floor well, but the space may be more comfortable with a large ottoman (http://www.atgstores.com/ottomans_1006.html?linkLoc=topnav) that serves both seating areas and a fuller TV stand (http://www.atgstores.com/tv-stands_1076.html) that has holes in the back to more easily store your components out of sight. We've provided a few images to give you ideas and hope this helps. Have a great weekend!
January 25, 2013 at 1:48pm     
stormyroses
A big chest that could fit under there and fill it with books or DVDs
January 25, 2013 at 2:12pm   
tennisanyone
The room is very light in feeling. It needs to be grounded. I don't love the paint color. It washes out your furniture. Have your thought about painting? I am thinking more of a gray/blue. I would use a dark wood cabinet and spray paint the two chairs in a darker almost chocholate finish and get new cushions or new chairs. Get a patterned rug and drapes to frame the windows. Is that the only wall for the tv? Can you take a picture of the whole room with all the walls.
January 25, 2013 at 2:18pm   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with a large TV console and a large ottoman or coffee table.

Amoroso Design

California casual family room
January 25, 2013 at 4:36pm     
Darzy
Yes, a bit larger console and some color/pattern would cozy up the space. Something like this for curtains, and a couple pillows for the sofa.

January 25, 2013 at 4:54pm   
1patch
Thank you everyone, I am trying to work this furniture in a 1920 house, this was how it looked in a small area off the kitchen in our other house. The two love seats are a a check pattern blue and yellow gold. the pine piece is now on a side wall in the family room. Question : I was planning on getting the same blue area rug, what do you think? Also thinking of similar window treatment for the sliding glass door in our now family room, new patterened pillows, and possible built in recessed bookcases around the french door, what do you think? Someone suggested to get a distressed Black piece larger to go under the TV. just not sure of that color, really need help in that area.

P.S. Darzy, I like the fabric you suggested as well, do you think the chair cushions would work with this fabric as well? Many Many thanks
January 26, 2013 at 5:17am   
apennameandthata
You should lower the TV to eye level.
January 26, 2013 at 5:25am     
apennameandthata
Dark green cushions.
January 26, 2013 at 5:25am   
PRO
Barbara Gilbert Interiors
There are a few things that you can do to really change the look and feel of the room. The first thing that I would do is to find a patterned rug that you love. I don't know if you like color and I hope you do! You have a good neutral base with your furniture but it needs pops of color! So get the rug as your starting point. Pull colors out of the rug to decorate with. Get some throw pillows to match, art work and accessories. Don't be afraid to go a little crazy with the throw pillows, make it fun! You should get a new tv console. If that's not in your budget, paint the one you have using a color from your rug. Add some window treatments and you will have a new room for a small amount of money! I hope this helps. Oh I forgot, if budget allows it wouldn't hurt to paint the room. You can always use Sherwin Williams Latte, a great neutral that is a little darker that what you currently have, or if you are brave a color from your rug! Happy decorating.
January 26, 2013 at 6:09am     
1patch
I love the TV console pictured, can't seem to locate that one any suggestions. Thank you Barbara, you got me thinking from the past and looking for different ideas for the future, I have been just stuck. What color do you suggest for the Tv console ? Many thanks
January 26, 2013 at 6:39am   
PRO
Barbara Gilbert Interiors
It would depend on the rug. Not trying to sell you anything but you can look at my store on my website, there are tons of rugs www.barbaragilbertinteriors.com click on store. Find one you like and pull some of the colors out of it. I'll be glad to reply if you show me some rugs! Have fun with this, make it your room, the rug will change the entire look and is a great starting point in pulling your room together!
January 26, 2013 at 6:44am     
Darzy
hi 1patch. You don't have to find a tv console. How about a small chest of drawers? Something like this. But, if you can DIY..a dresser at yard sale or Craigslist that you can paint would look nice too.
I think the fabric I suggested would work with your cushions. But, I'm reconsidering since you have a lot of windows so it may be too "busy". I like Barbara Gilbert Interiors idea of a graphic rug, then windows treatments to coordinate.

January 26, 2013 at 12:50pm     
1patch
This is great, but will it hide the DVD and receiver ? Like the color. Plan a trip to theflea market.
January 27, 2013 at 5:36am   
1patch
Took advise on dresser, found the base of a hutch, owner of the antiques store,husband adjusted the drawers, so they open with a hinge, to house the receiver and DVD. GREAT suggestion !!! Need help with rug and fabric for the windows that will go with the fabric I have on the chairs and loveseats. Have two windows on each side of TV and a slider going out to the back yard.There are french doors going to the dining room and a large opening going to the kitchen. The room is small, not much wall space. As always your feedback is appreciated.
February 17, 2013 at 4:38am     
1patch
Fabric I have on love seats and chair
February 17, 2013 at 4:42am   
1patch
Darzy can you seen this 8X10 rug in this room? Hope you can see the picture
February 19, 2013 at 6:41am   
1patch
Trying again, it is a Safavieh natural fiber NF 448
February 19, 2013 at 6:45am   
More Discussions
Curved Entry Wall
We have a curved wall below our half round stairs that...
Coffee table ideas for my basement.
Looking to make an upholstered coffee table for my...
Need Help Designing around collection of bikes
We have a total of 10 road bikes that live in our house,...
Gutter Overflows in Heavy Rain! Help, please.
Our gutters and downspouts are oversized and covered...
Disappointed! No wood in foyer...
Recently had a structural meeting with designer and...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.