Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedroom make over
atenaida
January 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need to do some changes in my bedroom because it looks outdated and boring. I'm willing to get ride of some furniture if necessary, however I have a very limited budget, maybe for paint and perhaps some lamps. Please give some ideas
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
Low budget okay...Paint, bedding and new lamps will do the trick. Can you "swing" new bedding? Can you show the entire space and all furniture?
January 25, 2013 at 7:45pm   
Darzy
I think a blue/gray on the walls would look nice. If new bedding isn't in the plan, just do white pillow cases with pillows flat...hotel style. BTW..I recently removed the footboard of my bedframe and it makes the room feel so much bigger.

January 25, 2013 at 7:50pm     
Jayme H.
Your wall color looks decent and looks in good shape...bedding change would help....what colors do u like?
January 25, 2013 at 8:00pm   
PRO
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
Hi, can you send more photos of each wall of your room? It would help us, help you
January 25, 2013 at 8:12pm   
lydiaxoxo27
If you are open to trying a more vibrant color and possibly bedding, it will brighten and liven up the room!
January 25, 2013 at 8:15pm   
ktiquet
Bedding and finding a home for the things on your desk would make a change. This is your spot make sure you really love whatever you get.
January 25, 2013 at 8:24pm   
ktiquet
Maybe some drapes try Ross or Marshall's. They have nice stuff you might have to dig to fine it but it's. TherenI got really nice drapes for $25 and I saw them at Macy 's for $85 . Happy hunting good luck can't wait to see what you do.
January 25, 2013 at 8:29pm   
PRO
Eagledzines
Paint the walls a powder blue, keep your lamps for now. Get some very light yellow flat sheets and make them into some long drapes to go behind the bed. They're all hemmed, so all you have to do is turn them over on the top so you can get a rod through them. Hang them high up to the ceiling.

Both colors will go with the bedding you already have. If you can afford it, get some light yellow pillow cases to match the sheets. Take the two pictures that are side by side and hang one over the other, closer to the lamp. If there is anything left in the budget, paint the bed white (it will show off that iron work on the top), and get a powder blue dust ruffle.
January 25, 2013 at 8:43pm   
TanCalGal
This is a photo of the other side of Atenaida's bedroom http://www.houzz.com/discussions/321467/Bedroom
January 27, 2013 at 8:08pm