Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
paint colors for rustic modern remodel?
aaronpnelson
January 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
we are struggling to find the right colors for our home we just purchased. we have some great features like a rustic stone 3-sided fireplace, dark slate and blonde oak floors, and thick rustic beams in living room. we normally like shades of white but feel the white will be too stark a contrast with these other elements and make them appear dirty. help! we would love specific colors of paint that we can go buy today and put samples up today. thanks so much!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
collettec
I think a light gray might be a consideration for a color. I agree with you that the white might be too stark. Benjamin Moore's most popular neutral is Paul Revere gray. It's gray but has warm undertones so that's a color you might consider.
2 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 8:42AM
aaronpnelson
we were thinking some shad of gray- thanks for the recommendation- we will try that one!
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 8:45AM
tatjanamandaric16
color how you and you familly love
2 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 8:48AM
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Your fireplace stone work can help guide you with your colour range. Find some colour swatches that you like and see if they "match up" with any of the stone in your fireplace. Pick a tone that is found in the fireplace and run with it! You have dozens of colours to choose from.

What is the decor/wall treatment on the window/door wall? Is it a textured wall paper, or a faux finish? I wonder if you could up date this wall, you would be a bit closer to the "modern" than the "rustic" side of your quest.
2 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 9:28AM
michigammemom
Congratulations on your new home. Take a look at Benjamin Moore's Shaker Beige to complement the warm, golden tones of your stone.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 9:40AM
aaronpnelson
cancork- the wallcovering was a textured wallpaper and it has already been removed:) thanks for your suggestions
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 9:49AM
collettec
Sorry, just wanted to amend an earlier suggestion. The actual name of the Benjamin Moore paint is "Revere Pewter". I was checking back and don't know what I was thinking with the name since I do know it - all I can chalk it up to is have a bit of a cold - so obviously just not thinking straight! The other things ARE correct, it's the most popular BM gray with a warm tone. Like the other suggestions above as well. Best to you in your new home and sorry for the mix up!
2 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 1:03PM
megmegmeg
Pale oak is also a Benjamin Moore decorator choice color and might be nice with fireplace/floor...Revere Pewter might also work, but both are cooler tones. My all time favorite is Pratt & Lambert Moth Gray, not a gray though, just a light warm taupe.
2 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 1:12PM
aaronpnelson
Emzc... Thanks for clarifying. I think we had figured that's what you meant
Meg... Thanks for suggestions. Sound very interesting and we will definitely try those two you recommend
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 8:28AM
PRO
Walls with an Attitude
Ben Moore also has a color called Grant Beige. We did a clients master bedroom in it and really loved the color...Good luck and enjoy your new place!
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 6:27PM
tatjanamandaric16
Maybe I like light color
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 3:20AM
Tara Sobocinski Pollio
I am having the same issue. I just moved into an open modern rustic home after 20 years in an old colonial with 7' ceilings! I LOVE revere pewter and can tell you I spent 3 months finding the perfect color. BUT, it looks dark and green in my new home. I'm stuck as well!
0 Likes   August 18, 2014 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
Need help with choosing a paint color and decorating our stairway
We need help with not only choosing a wall color but...
Where to buy rugs?
I am installing hardwood in the whole house which previously...
To paint or not to paint brick fireplace
We have a rather large gray brick fireplace and I want...
adding laminate wood floor to adjacent room with hardwood
I'm trying to find a laminate wood look floor that...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.