Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wall problem
maeham
January 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Should we Place some picture to the wall? It looks if there is something missing. Maybe a different Color?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
I can't make sense of the light in your space. That is throwing me off. Are there any other photos of the room? I don't see a problem here but a stronger wall colour could created more drama if you want that. Otherwise you could group black framed pieces around the tv to make it look like it is part of a gallery collection. That would add some graphic interest.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 1:11PM
PRO
Kevin Twitty- IBB Designer
I would for sure pick a nice saturated color to paint the walls. Give is a nice punch of interest.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 1:16PM
onthefence
I'd get rid of the lamp and cluster the three photos together. Move photos to the right side and cable box to the left. If you really need light there, get a tall floor lamp for the end of the media unit.

Perhaps a tall vase or plant on the right side? I'm not a fan of lots of little things. One or two big statement pieces is what I would do personally.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 1:25PM
PRO
studio | FORMA
You may consider a floor lamp to the right of the book case for light and to carry your eye over as a focal point. Another idea would be to lower the TV just a bit and ad an Art Shelf for framed art. Also you could try stacking your books horizontally in stacks to make the individual square slots a feature.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 2:12PM
PRO
studio | FORMA
Also, you may want to add a few more wicker boxes in the lower most shelf row of the unit in the left, this way your eye works the entire length of both shelving units and don't cary over to just below the TV.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 2:17PM
maeham
@Judith Taylor
Here is a different view.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 2:45PM
gillianlf
I agree a bolder wall color would help. Also, removing the lamp next to the tv. Possibly, just streamlining your displays on the shelves by editing and removing items from the tops of the shelves would bring your eyes down so the level of the tv monitor wouldn't feel wrong to you. Another option to consider is to create a box frame for the tv monitor fronted by a painting that has a slightly taller profile and hinges to the side when you are viewing tv.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 3:19PM
PRO
Aegean Designing Whims
I'm with changing the wall color behind the tv, and possibly all walls to something darker. The TV sort of jumps out at you against the white. I'd also remove the lamp, as it creates a lot of glare. I also like the idea of framing your photos in black and hanging them on either side of the TV. Or put your photos in the cubes, and find 2 pieces of art to hang on either side of the TV
Chrysteen
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 3:39PM
PRO
studio | FORMA
How about a warm charcoal color to contrast with your white shelves. its a classic combination and it will tone down the contrast with your tv.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 3:59PM
Darzy
How about putting a beautiful wood veneer behind the tv? Just the rectangle area from the top of the bookcase, then over and down to the right of the below cubbies? I think it would be stunning.

2 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 4:06PM
onthefence
Darzy, that's gorgeous and brilliant!
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 4:31PM
Darzy
Thanks onthefence! I think it would complement the wood floor and wicker baskets nicely too.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 6:24PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Darzy that is a great idea it is exactly what I was thinking. Your a genius!
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 6:45PM
Darzy
@Interiors International, Genius? Lol! But, great minds think alike. :)
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 8:00PM
maeham
Great ideas. Thanks to all.
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 1:19AM
More Discussions
I need help with accessories and arrangements in living room. I have l
Please help me with table arrangement and book shelf...
Need help with furniture arrangement!
Need advice on how to arrange furniture in this living...
Color and accent help with new sunroom!
This is our new/old home. A renovated 1762 farmhouse,...
Transition from LVP flooring to sliding glass door
We are installing IVC moduelo LVP clickable flooring...
Easy fix....
Your space is not very well represented in your pics..I...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.