Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Drawing a blank....help!!!
Pamela Tripas
January 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I really need help with my own space. This is my "front room" "parlor". I designed all of the furniture pieces via Ethan Allen. I need an accent color besides red. I also need paint color. I am having crown installed. I emptied the room with the exclusion of the pieces I want in the room. I am redecorating my entire house, so this is the starting point. Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Pamela Tripas
These are close ups of the fabrics
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:07PM
PRO
Pamela Tripas
I was thinking of painting the door black and the inside of the windows black.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:11PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Blue/white and yellow look good together.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 7:11PM
PRO
Pamela Tripas
Which color on the wall?
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:29PM
PRO
Pamela Tripas
Maybe the wall color is coming off as yellow....but it is cream and all the fabric is black and cream. What shade of blue?
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:33PM
PRO
Pamela Tripas
What about window treatments/drapes?
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:35PM
PRO
Julia Wakely Interiors
I love your furniture. Now it's the finishing touches to bring it all together and warm up the space. You need a large rug, a sisal with black border (check out Pottery Barn). Because black and cream are neutrals, you can choose any colour as an accent colour. One or two that you love. It could be coral, aqua, apple green, pale blue etc. Nicely lined curtains panels in the same shade as the walls, an antique wood piece to add depth and warmth and it could be a new coffee table. The one you have at the moment is too high. You need a focal point and I would make it the tall piece and on either side 2 pieces of art framed in black, 1 on top of each other.
1 Like   January 26, 2013 at 7:44PM
PRO
Pamela Tripas
Thanks Julia! Any suggestions for a new wall color?
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 8:00PM
PRO
Julia Wakely Interiors
Pratt and Lambert's Pastry 2128. You also need a rug in your front entry way. I'd leave your windows and doors the white trim colour.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 8:04PM
PRO
Tres McKinney Design
I think your idea of painting the front door (door only) and inside frames of the window black would be striking and unpredictable. I recommend adding a very large scaled piece of furniture painted black or white on the long wall where the small white table and chair are now. This would provide a focal point and help anchor the room. It could either be a large bookcase with cabinets below and open or glass shelves above or a large library table with a huge mirror above and a pair of large scale(30"36"H) lamps (blue and white porcelain or white porcelain w/ linen shades). You have some great pieces but they are all the same scale. The love seat seems a bit small so you might augment the furniture arrangement with a large tufted chesterfield sofa. Add full length curtains on the window s and to the French doors, possibly in a bold navy and white stripe. I would eliminate the small white table and little lamp between the love seat and occasional chair. A large sisal, jute, seagrass rug would anchor the furnishings and provide a nice textural contrast to the blue and white scheme. Add a secondary area rug in the entry area. Fill you existing glass front cabinet with books and blue and white objects.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 9:06PM
PRO
Julia Wakely Interiors
I agree with a larger lamp. The furniture is black/cream not blue/white. I thought the same thing at first too.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 9:08PM
PRO
Pamela Tripas
Great ideas, thank you! Any suggestions on a BM paint color (bluish)? What style of curtain panels/rods for all 3 windows? Thank you!
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 6:30AM
PRO
Julia Wakely Interiors
A simple bronze rod (.75" diameter) with ball finials. Hang them approx 2" from the ceiling. Pottery barn's Emery Drapes in Ivory. I wouldn't paint walls blue. It'll be too cold with your black fabric and white furniture. The ivory I suggested will be warm yet fresh.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 7:07AM