Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Protect deck from rain without spoiling the views & image
solita
January 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The attached photos show a new built deck in QLD, Australia. Although it is big enough when heavy rain comes especially if accompanied by winds ...the rain comes through which makes it impossible to sit out. I need to cover especially the side (second photo) with something that does not spoil the views and is less invasive ( I thought of clear plastic rolls that they use in restaurants but I hate plastic and not sure how it is going to look. Any ideas /recommendations ....very much appreciated.
thanks in advance
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Pull canvas curtains across when it is raining?
January 28, 2013 at 8:11PM   
PRO
solita
thanks for the effort . Will check it out though the elements are really harsh down under and not sure if canvas will not be saturated and moulded by the rain.
February 3, 2013 at 4:05AM   
olldroo
solita - I would say in Qld, mould would definitely be your problem and canvas would be hopeless with the wind. My first thought was the plastic though, although I hate trendy for the sake of it they are really in and do look great. They roll up out of sight when not in use and with the zip fastening you can just roll down what you need. You would probably only need them to just past your railing. Any other type of awning would block your views and block the light. Do investigate them.

Doesn't look like you were affected by Oswald? Pretty bad wasn't it.
February 3, 2013 at 4:46PM     
amgraham
i think some companies call them cafe blinds. plastic see thru roller blind
February 4, 2013 at 2:39PM   
More Discussions
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
How to cover basement stairs?
We have stairs that lead from an outside door down...
Curb appeal help!
We just bought this 1973 brick ranch and I don't know...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Switching out of brown
Now my walls r in the brown family and I just purchase...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.