powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What type of mirror would you place on the wall above vanity? What about lights?
donnag631
January 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Any thoughts
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
I'd have a mirror the length of vanity & recessed ceiling lights.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 10:26AM
PRO
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
You may opt for independent framed mirrors with decorative storage between, or wall sconce between!
1 Like   January 29, 2013 at 10:37AM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
As we cannot see the entire wall space, it all depends on where your light fixtures are located. My first choice, if possible, is always a framed mirror over each sink.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 10:43AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I would use a large pivot mirror over each sink. Then I would use 3 vertical wall sconces, one to left of the left mirror, one to the right of the right mirror and one in between. I'd like them to be similar to the fixture shown below but they should each supply 100 watts of light or equivalent. George Kovacs makes a nice LED fixture that is similar to the one below that sells for around $225.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Bistro Rectangular Pivot Mirror Opus Wall Mounted Double Arm Sconce with Cylinder Shade
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 10:57AM
donnag631
Thanks for your ideas! I ordered two, rectangular, pivot mirrors w/brushed nickel frame from pottery barn (kensington), they look exactly like the bistro mirrors, but am on the fence about them. The problem using with three sconces, one to the left, one in between the mirrors ad one to the right hand side of the mirrors, is that there is no wall space on the right hand side. Then I thought a fixture above the mirrors, but am confused. Do you think the framed pivot mirrors, along with moen vestige faucets (pictured above,) conflict with the tiles and cambria canterbury quartz countertop (also pictured above?) I love all your thoughts and advice, thank you again!
1 Like   January 29, 2013 at 2:46PM
PRO
Your new mirrors will look great with your faucets! Can you please take a photo of the vanity, showing where the sconces might go so that I can better advise you on them? Even if you have to take 2 photos to get it all in, I need to see what's there.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 3:28PM
donnag631
Of course! I cannot thank you enough. I will do that right now.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:07PM
donnag631
I attached 3 photos. One is of the vanity, which will have two sinks. On the right side of it is a tall cabinet. In the second photo, couldn't resist showing you the floor because I love it : ) Last photo really shows a bit of the tub and tile. If you are standing at the tall cabinet, looking into the bathroom, the tub is in a recessed area on the left. I hope I'm describing this clearly. Again, many thanks.

Donna
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:18PM
PRO
My goodness you are quick! Donna, your electrician should be able to provide you with three connections for vertical sconces. I repeat, please get them 100 watts each or equivalent. You will need to discuss with him the exact size of the mirrors you have ordered. That will tell you how much space will be left for sconces to left and right and center. If there's not enough space, then you should cut back on the size of he mirrors.
Figure it all out so that it works. You'll need to leave at least 2" of space around each sconce.

Let me know if you run into a jamb! Best of luck
Carolyn
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:26PM
donnag631
thanks, Carolyn, your advice is great. Let me get it right . . . there should be 2" on either of the sconce, that's it? Wow, I never thought of a vertical sconce. Thanks.

Donna
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:34PM
PRO
Yes, Donna, I'd leave 2" on either side, and I hope that the measurement on the pivot mirrors wasn't just for the mirror but also included the pivot portion. You can fudge a little bit by not centering the mirrors exactly over the sinks, if you need to.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:38PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I like Carolyn Albert-Kincl Design ideas for this project. It would be what I would do in my own house.
1 Like   January 29, 2013 at 5:40PM
donnag631
Gotta be honest, I'm loving it, too. Thank you! More shopping . . .
1 Like   January 29, 2013 at 5:42PM
donnag631
Carolyn, it was for the pivot. I'm about to run upstairs and start measuring - lol!
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
Grey or grey or grey?
Hi everyone, would love some advice on what you think...
sambs8
find designer
find designer urgernly Pls check
MasterStreets
Patio & Built-in Grill Design Help
Hello, hoping you all can help with a design dilemma....
mangde
Vintage Design Living Room with Chesterfield Sofa
Every people are created uniquely and some people or...
Locus Habitat
Modifying laminate kitchen countertop
Hi all, I would like to change my current kitchen sink...
sharybee
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.