Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Where should I place faucet on my tub?
nelsons2012
January 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Here is my master bath layout. The tub is soaking depth. Should I place faucet under window, I can reach it but not as convenient as placing on the other end away from window. I think I'd likely sit with my back to window so I could use the ledge for glass of wine, etc! Thoughts on which end faucet should be placed? Dimensions are hard to see. Shower is 77 long and 36 wide. Tub is 60 long, 36 wide. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
creeser
I think placing it on the end opposite the window would be best. Looks like it would be easier to reach as well as being out of your way for soaking with wine! :)
January 27, 2013 at 12:23PM     
nelsons2012
That's what my gut is telling me to do....thanks
January 27, 2013 at 4:24PM   
mveasey
Is there a wall mount option?
January 27, 2013 at 4:30PM   
nelsons2012
Great question....never thought of that. Will ask!
January 27, 2013 at 4:33PM   
PRO
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
It looks like a good layout for an oval Jacuzzi set on an angle!
January 27, 2013 at 4:33PM   
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Soaking tub with a separate floor mount faucet? Faucet then could be set at the corner nearest the approach to the tub. Depends on the tub and the look yo are after. Retro claw foot, Japanese soaker (Oturo), Jacuzzi spa...Tell us what you are thnking and we can help a bit mor!
January 27, 2013 at 4:40PM   
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Just did a long install where we considered the view out the window as part of the use of the tub, Did an undermount with a slab finish and the slab is for the glass of wine...faucet under the window, but accessible from the side.
January 27, 2013 at 4:43PM   
Stacy Johnson
I would do opposite the window, as well. You have that great space next to the window that would be great for candles, wine, etc. You wouldn't want the faucet in the way.
January 27, 2013 at 4:44PM   
nelsons2012
Hi...deliberately chose no corner tub as I think they look a little outdated. Made the priority the bigger shower. Tub is Kohler Underscore drop in. The decking will be as is on the blueprint, just trying to figure out which end will work better for faucet. Not a lot of other options with this size bath....free-standing tub would not fit well, and Shower was the big priority for us! Thanks for advice on faucets!
January 27, 2013 at 4:47PM   
smusec
If you live in a colder area plumbing on an outside wall could cause the pipes to freeze. If your faucet is good looking why not show it off and make it easier to reach by putting it closer to the front of the tub? You don't want to have to climb over it to get in...could be painful!...but having it easier to reach would be nice!
January 27, 2013 at 6:34PM   
nelsons2012
I guess I am just obsessing over this....have never built or remodeled a bath before! Knowing that I can't change the layout at this point, and the shower was main priority, I guess I will put the faucet at the front and forgo looking out the window!
January 28, 2013 at 4:01AM   
PRO
Dytecture
As long as the faucet doesn't get in the way of accessing the tub it would be a personal choice.

January 28, 2013 at 6:42AM   
PRO
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
Don't rule out a rim-top oval tub set on a tile deck! Additionally, if the tub has a pump you should provide an access panel behind the toilet stall door. Good luck with the project!
January 28, 2013 at 4:45PM