Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How would you set this up??
Sara Postma
January 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm moving on Thursday to a wonderful new spot and I'm seeking some advice or ideas that could help make this space great for entertaining and still functional for a young professional couple (and our pup Stella). I need to some how make the sleeping area private. Curtains? shelving? ..... looking for ideas! Any help would be greatly appreciated by a young girl trying to make a tiny apartment a cool place for everyone to hang out.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
A folding screen or bookcase behind headboard. Bed facing wall.
January 31, 2013 at 8:06pm   
ekc3502
Ikea sells panels that move on a track - then you could close off the sleeping area when you wanted to and leave it open the rest of the time
January 31, 2013 at 8:13pm   
PRO
Michael Kilpatrick Design
Sara, Is this a rental? Can you make physical changes or do you need to stick to decorative ideas.
January 31, 2013 at 8:13pm   
Sara Postma
Yes it's a rental so I need decorative ideas. Still having a hard time figuring out a nice layout for furniture.
May 9, 2013 at 9:38am   
PRO
OnePlan
So is the bed supposed to go between the bathroom and the alcove ?! ie head at alcove end (less bathroom orchestra!)
May 9, 2013 at 10:08am   
PRO
OnePlan
Because you could, if you are a little bit handy with your tools - make a bench seating and table area in there - that can also be a bed !
Or you could add a Murphy bed there ?
Or if there's enough ceiling height you could have a high level bed there and more storage under it ?!
May 9, 2013 at 10:12am   
Sara Postma
Ya I wanted to put it there but I have a queen bed and its an inch too big for the space. I have it in the alcove right now but it sticks out about a foot and a half from the wall.
May 9, 2013 at 10:15am   
More Discussions
What type of glass inserts should we get?
Transitional kitchen/great room, Carrera marble subway...
Ceiling Fans - Yay or Nay?
Are you a fan of ceiling fans? (See what I did there?...
Need Help Designing our Main room in New Apartment in Zurich!
The Main room of our apartment needs help! Right now...
Whiskey glasses -- Keep or return?
Felt pressed to order a set of whiskey glasses for...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.