Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Small space in a closet needing punch
yazfletch
January 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi Houzzers!
This elfa closet of mine was JUST installed so it looks even more bare and bland than it will once the rest of my things have been out away. My question to you all is: the large, square wall space above the shelf...do I put a mirror that fits in there? A smaller table top mirror and then put fabric, wall paper or paint a design? I definitely plan to put a mirror there I'm just searching for ideas from other eyes and design minds. Thank you!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
The mirror space does not seem large enough to view U in your clothes, so a mirror there would not be very functional...just decorative. I would not have distracting wall paper or painted designs. I might place hanging jewels in that space to make use of the space in a functional way as well as making a cute design statement..
February 1, 2013 at 1:54pm     
yazfletch
Thanks O! I live the idea of decoratively hanging my necklaces!
February 2, 2013 at 10:47pm     
PRO
Dytecture
Once the clothes 'fill up' this closet this space won't look so 'boring'. It might be too later, but consider wallpaper or painting the wall behind the shelving.

California Closets Walk-ins

wallpapered closet
February 3, 2013 at 5:59am     
yazfletch
Do you guys think my white hangers are...ghetto? Should I go with the wooden ones? Thanks again!
February 13, 2013 at 4:36pm   
nmgiorgi
I think it's too small for a mirror seems pointless. I would use it for extra storage like perfume, purses, jewelry box, flowers, something cute to fill it other than a mirror. And no, your white hangers do not look "ghetto" haha.
February 13, 2013 at 4:44pm     
PRO
SBT Designs
I would have the backing walls painted out black or a very dark tone to allow the shelving to standout and feature your clothes. Yes wooden hangers are much more elegant.
February 13, 2013 at 4:45pm     
AMN
Wood hangers take up too much space. I would choose a color you love and and get flocked hangers in that color. We have all black, for example.

At the end of the day, it's a closet. White plastic hangers are fine if they function well. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're staging your house for selling or will be featured on an upcoming episode of Cribs.
February 13, 2013 at 4:48pm