Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Accent table help!
aclark900
January 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
What accent table would you recommend for where the couch and love seat meet? I was thinking a square table 36"x36" and about 24" in height--can't find one! Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
hoot n' anny home
I would suggest round to break up the hard angles. Maybe pull the love seat out from the window/wall a few inches...Pretty room from what I can see!
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:14PM
decoenthusiaste
Have you looked at tales here on Houzz? Might find some leads on the right table there. With all the dark floors and furnishings, consider something fun for more of an accent that just a regular old square end table. What is your style? Hayneedle has some cool tables. I'd suggest an area rug to fill the space in front of the FP with some color and movement.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:19PM
Kevin Retired Decorator
I think you need something besides wood or brown in color like the sofa's. I would suggest a metal leg table with a stone/granite look top in a lighter color tone. Square ,round or rectangle would work. Add a tray to the ottoman for table service to. Then add end tables at the end of sofa's Maybe 2 matching and one coordinating one. I would add a colorful rug for the seating area and a Ceramic lamps in a accent color on the table. Add toss pillows to the seating. The room now reads as brown and white and all solids. Try to bring pattern & texture in to the room. Good bones but the finishing touches will bring the room to life. Add some large accessories & plants too. Retired Decorator ,Kevin
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:25PM
michigammemom
I like this light wood pedestal table by Pottery Barn. It has traditional lines to go with your fireplace and a distressed finish to coordinate with your more casual leather sofas.
1 Like   January 29, 2013 at 4:23AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I, too, would select a round table so that not everything is so square in the room. The one shown below not only offers an interesting copper top, but a nice modern base. I recommend having a glass top made to fit the copper so that it is protected.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 4:50AM
aclark900
Thank you!! We just moved in so we are still purchasing the fun accents: rugs, lamps, decor! Thank you all so much!!!
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:19AM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I love the chrome and wood combo on this side table from Bernhardt. Its 25" Diameter, and 24" high
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:27AM
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 5:57AM
jbena
Agree with great comments above - a round table would be nice to break up the straight lines in the room/furniture. Combo of wood + metal would be interesting, example Riverside Stone End Table from Hayneedle. The floors are a great color - put in an area rug to introduce color and pull through with accent pillows on your loveseat/couch.
0 Likes   February 13, 2013 at 6:19AM