Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with living room furniture!
bullynewt
January 29, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I found this beautiful ottoman and had to have it. It is a canvas color with mid tone blue stripe, but the legs are an antique white. It is a pretty substantial piece and I really love it, but am now having a hard time figuring out what color sofa, chairs, and rug to pair with it. I don't want to be limited to canvas and blue, but I'm not sure how to keep things simple and let the ottoman r the stand out piece. I've looked on houzz but have not seen any similar ottomans. We are waiting for flooring to go into our home, but we have wood floors, white ceiling beams with revere pewter on the walls and a white brick fireplace. Any ideas or direction would be helpful! Also, I have a 16 month old, so trying to find easy to clean surfaces!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Tracy Taylor
Why not use grey, yellow, blue, and white?
January 29, 2013 at 2:38AM   
PRO
Dytecture
The ottoman has some traditional details, so I would recommend going in that direction. Most colors would work.

January 29, 2013 at 6:19AM   
Jayme H.
Personally, I do not like dark blue furniture for large pieces like a sofa, unless the other furniture is of a different shade/color...here r some color ideas..one room is more modern/but the colors are what I wanted to show
January 29, 2013 at 6:56AM   
judet6
I'm curious, why the issue with dark blue couches? Personally, I'm looking for medium to dark blue as I love blue but need practical, plus I'm done with patterned couches!
January 29, 2013 at 7:01AM   
Jayme H.
The reason I don't like them is it seems like it limits what you can do..and some shades are not tones I like...But I am a more neutral decorator for large pieces...I don't mind blues at all for accents, chairs, etc..just don't like being tied to a big blue object.
January 29, 2013 at 7:04AM     
Tracy Taylor
I kinda agree with the anti blue sofa comment>>>> says the girl who cannot make her antique carter sectional work in her new house, but is torn between reupholstering it and devaluing it or finding it a new home. SIGH...
January 30, 2013 at 5:29PM