Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
One piece left - wall color
bluerymel
January 29, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I've assembled the desk, credenza and picture. All are large pieces in a small room. It's a rustic theme. There are no doors to this office and I'd like to do sliding barn doors, thinking to stain them to match the desk. I need wall color and am thinking dark. The horses are on b.moore iron mountain. Soot was recommended at the store. The large beige filing cabinet is on it's way out.
Looking for suggestions for wall color and barn doors.

Everyone did a great job helping me with the outside of the house, I thought we'd move inside.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Brenda Fisher
Love the russet colour in the rug. Will look fantastic against your rough wood and the blue. Be careful to keep natural light and natural bulbs in your desk lamp to offset depression in a dark room, especially when doing taxes lol. Try up lighting the horses with a small spotlight if it looks good make it permanent. Love it already!
January 29, 2013 at 11:53AM   
Brenda Fisher
Love the iron legs on the desk make sure you bring in more of the same.
January 29, 2013 at 11:55AM   
txonthego
Looks great! Continue picking colors from the rug. The golden color would bring out those shades in the painting and compliment the grey. Wrought Iron scounces for the wall above the credenza.
January 29, 2013 at 12:29PM   
Susanna
LOVE your pieces and especially the painting. I don't think the rug is doing the room any favors though. I think you might like the turquoise in the painting, or the dusty blue-green of the credenza, somewhere in the rug. I would pull wall colors from the painting.

The rug is "the odd man out" here. This room will be beautiful when you finish. Can't wait to see it. Great art choice!
January 29, 2013 at 1:05PM   
Susanna
Oh...and the barn door would be perfect if you have the wall space.
January 29, 2013 at 1:14PM   
kimdee24
That is going to be gorgeous! I LOVE that artwork! The room already looks great, I can't wait to see it all finished!
January 29, 2013 at 1:22PM   
Judit
perfect the way it is
January 29, 2013 at 1:27PM   
bluerymel
I forgot to mention the rug will be leaving; for now, it's protecting the hardwood from the iron legs.
I'm going through houzz and looking at turqouise/teal and plum combinations. I'm not sure what color to call the credenza.
January 29, 2013 at 7:49PM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Love the room. I would leave the barn doors unfinished and build them with old wood. Paint the walls a dark grey and then bring in the turquoise.
January 29, 2013 at 7:53PM   
maureenwats
I would paint all four walls iron mountain, move horse picture to wall above credenza so you can see it from the doorway. Glad you are getting rid of the rug. Consider a natural sisal or a cow hide rug.
January 29, 2013 at 7:59PM   
Susanna
I think the rug sounds perfect.
I don't know your plans above the credenza but if you are looking for more art you might like a triptych (a set of 3 paintings hung together to create one image) of winter birch trees... but not as big as the horses. Just a thought.
January 29, 2013 at 8:46PM   
PRO
Rustica Hardware
You can find unfinished barn doors and hardware here if your going in this direction: http://rusticahardware.com/barn-door-hardware/
March 11, 2013 at 10:10AM   
PRO
Basin Custom
If you need any help we sell sliding barn door hardware. We are located in Idaho but ship our tracks all over the place. Our hardware is very high quality. We offer a variety of styles and finishes. We also specialize in custom orders. If you have a particular color in mind we own a powder coating facility which makes color options almost endless. The wheels on our tracks are unbelievably quiet, eliminating the grinding sound you hear with other tracks that use metal wheels. We see every single one of our products through from start to finish! Contact us at http://www.basincustom.com or email us at info@basincustom.com or call 208-261-1270
September 10, 2013 at 1:25PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.