Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Closet design in narrow area with slanted ceiling
Amy D
January 29, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My master bedroom has narrow closets on either side of the room, with part of the ceilings sloped with the roof. I am having trouble visualizing a good shelf/rod layout to make these spaces useful but still easy to get to my things. Ideas? Are there design sites that can help me visualize this?

Right now the spaces are freshly painted, new bamboo floors, new lighting, but trim has not been installed yet.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mveasey
What a neat and unique closet space!
Are you considering doors or curtains for the opening to the closet? Fo you have lots of folding clothes or mainly hung ones?If you are on a budget, Ikea makes some great combinations, see photos.
I would have the racks along the back wall and the shelves above.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 9:53AM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
We had multi-angle walls in our master closet and we designed & installed ourselves using this great system by Closet Maid from Lowes. But Closet Maid has an online design system. Check it out. http://www.closetmaid.com/en-US/Pages/Default.aspx
1 Like   January 29, 2013 at 10:04AM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Also..we only used the laminate products..very professional.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 10:04AM
Amy D
Thanks. Actually I'm not planning to have any doors or curtains over the openings. The original house design left these open and I liked it that way -- I kept a built in cabinet that is in the additional picture. One of the openings has been narrowed to a more traditional doorway size, though, so there is more wall storage space and less visibility of what's in the closet.

I have a little more hanging clothing than shelf clothing, but I'm wondering if I can get storage on both sides. Maybe if I leave shoe shelves on one side that will work better since it won't stick out as far as regular shelves/hanging depth.

Will check the Closet Maid design site too, thanks!
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 10:13AM
mveasey
How about so something like this?
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
Need help finishing living room wall
I am hoping to get some help in finishing my living...
A mistake in my kitchen re-do.
Had new cabs put in , then today new counter tops....
What is this space missing?
I'd like to keep the family room warm but just don't...
Serious help needed
We recently purchased this house. It was a show home...
Can anyone suggest a paint colour to help brighten up my entryway.
I really need help to find a paint colour that will...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.