powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Cabinet colors - are we doing the right thing?
daneddy
January 29, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are not sure if we have been given good information on our kitchen. We were told by a Color Consultant early in the process that BM Cloud White is a beautiful white, versatile, and well suited to our new kitchen. Now, on a more recent consultation, we feel she is not as sure of herself as she was, intimitating to us that it IS a 'yellowish' white, and we might be limited. WOW! The cabinet order has gone in, but we can likely still change the color. We are installing Douglas Fir vertical grain flooring, (natural), have some flexibility on wall color, with a lot of stainless steel appliances. We like the darker counter tops, but have not chosen those yet. We are full south exposure ocean front with tons and tons of light. I am now losing sleep on this one...any suggestions? should we stay with the cloud white or do something else? The only other thing in this house that is rather permanent is a river rock fireplace, not near the kitchen, but certainly dominant in the house.

This is the fireplace sort of mid demolition, so will Cloud White be okay with this???
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
I think cloud white will be fine. A crisp white/white may make everything else look dingy. So, I don't think you have to worry. I vote stick with the cloud white.
January 30, 2013 at 12:05AM     
daneddy
Thanks, and good point. We are investing heavily in this, and we are just not getting the confidence from our Decorator. The house is in total reno, save that fireplace, and we have deleted the fire conversation pit, and extended the room in front of the fire box, so that is gone...thank goodness...(I just love to share that with people!)
January 30, 2013 at 12:15AM   
miramira
I just used cloud white on a trim moulding project that was extensive and it is great. Is it going just on kitchen cabinets? I would paint out the stair rail too, if it is staying. Glad to hear that room in front of fireplace is gone...so awkward....good decision. Keep sending pix! Also please take your time on choosing countertops. What you think you want may need to be revisited, it is going to be vital to the look and not get too two toned.
January 30, 2013 at 1:48AM     
miramira
One other thought on countertops....pick something from the stone for your countertops to relate...cream...light gray...taupe can't really tell.
January 30, 2013 at 2:21AM     
interiorscourse
Why don't you steer clear of predictable white. I'd suggest a nice soft green for the cabinets. This will work well with the natural stone.

If you are brave I would also suggest mixing cabinets: some natural wood (contemporary not old fashioned traditional) and some coloured.

As long as the doors are the same design and handles are the same this will work really well. Again, the wood will harmonise with the stone and your new wood flooring.

And you won't be following the crowd.
January 30, 2013 at 2:41AM     
yfuoco
You won't regret going with cloud white, it's warm and timeless!
January 30, 2013 at 3:58AM     
daneddy
Thanks everyone, appreciate your encouraging words. We are all over the map on counter tops, and won't really start that process until the floors and cabinets are in. Here is another note to all this. The Paint colors chosen are BM Lenox Tan for the Living Room (where I am standing taking picture), and the walls all around the fireplace are Carolina Gull. Hallways going up stairs is Gentle Cream. We can change or tweak these going forward, but these are what we have in mind (as per Decorator). Anybody else use this combination?
January 30, 2013 at 7:42AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.