Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with some colour ideas for the exterior of our new home
Lenti Page
January 30, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are currently in the process of buying a first ever home, but it is a rather nasty mint green colour at the moment! Changing this colour is quite high on our priority list of things to do when we move in, any nice ideas or photo examples?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
The Virtual Designer- Kitchens & Bathrooms
Hello- Interesting house! Yes, I can see why the painting of the house is such a high priority. Is this the front of the house?
January 30, 2013 at 1:21am     
Lenti Page
Front of the house below
January 30, 2013 at 1:27am     
Stephanie Allen
Sometimes the demographic location and year house was built can help in the decision making process. Where and what year?
January 30, 2013 at 1:46am     
PRO
The Virtual Designer- Kitchens & Bathrooms
It's gorgeous! Now that i see the front, I've changed my mind on colours. I've made up an ideas book for you in my space here on HOUZZ. I think I might have another quizz through and choose some more inspirational ideas for you. Have a look in about half an hour or so and I should be finished by then.
January 30, 2013 at 2:34am     
Lenti Page
I don't know the year that the house was built, but it's not that old. It is situated in a village (of sorts) outside of a Mining town in South Africa called Rustenburg. The village is flanked by a large dam and mountains on one side and beautiful farm land on the other. This particular house has a view over the farm land. Other houses in the area are rather characterless, which makes this one so appealing. It is a refreshing change from the norm in this part of the country!
January 30, 2013 at 10:13pm   
Stephanie Allen
If I had this property I would paint it the color of the natural stone on the mountains. I would pick the lightest color of the natural rock. Then any accents around windows, porch balustrades, steps, railings ect... Would be one of the Darker stone colors (not the darkest one unless the darkest one is a tone). In color there are three sections of lightest to darkest. They are labeled tint, tone, and shade. I would pick a tone color for the accents. You live in a very beautiful and naturalistic part of the world and I personally recommend bringing the outdoors alive even more with your home accenting the country side. Please post pics of after pics too. Looking forward to see your decision :)
February 3, 2013 at 2:41am   
rinqreation
What about sage? Crisp colors go well where the sun shines bright, but I do understand mint is a bit too much. A softer green-grey-ish tint with white trims might maintain the house's soft looks. My opinion is the green in mint gives the house it's character, so why not sage?
February 3, 2013 at 3:42am