Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Odd Corner
hermajestyshnaz
January 30, 2013 in Design Dilemma
What should I do here so it looks prettier and hides the playground in the background?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
groveraxle
The white fence appears to be on top of the stone wall, not behind it. If that's the case, how about vines growing up and over the railing?
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:17AM
hermajestyshnaz
thanks forgot to tell you ,we come from a hot climate city...its okay to grow vines?i am not sure if we are allowed to do it coz its a gated community and it may need some approval..
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:24AM
Jayme H.
A screen made of weatherproof materials...vines can be put in pots and grown up it also...if a vine in a pot or container is allowed...Or plant some tall shrubs or plants there if able.
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:30AM
hermajestyshnaz
Thank you very much ...what about the empty grass spot there what should i do ?What do you mean by screen?
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:37AM
Jayme H.
Although I don't think this one is made from weatherproof materials
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:42AM
hermajestyshnaz
This is fine ,I seen it around here.Ofcourse i had to find a taller one.great idea thx ..what about the grass space there?
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:44AM
hermajestyshnaz
such an eyesore in a way the fences thats currently there
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:45AM
Jayme H.
You could landscape it, fill it in...either with plants, etc...or with stepping stones of some kind or landscape brick...how much do you want to do in terms of size of a project?
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 7:57AM
groveraxle
If you're looking to hide the whole wall, you could fill that planter with clumping bamboo. (Do not get running bamboo; it's terribly invasive.) It grows fast and tall and makes a great privacy screen.

0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 10:47AM
lefty47
HI -- Perfect area for a tri -angle gazebo or shade structure with the lattice back walls made big enough to fill that whole corner . That could be a nice seating area .
1 Like   January 30, 2013 at 10:52AM
mmilos
You've got a lot going on in that corner with a mish-mash of plants. I'd be inclined to rip out all landscaping and start over with a consistent tall plant (like clumping bamboo or carolina cherry laurel...stay away from ficus cause roots get huge and invasive) along both back fences with smaller flowering shrubs in front.

Keep the grass, but expand the planting beds.

Eliminate most of the potted plants and do one large pot with a small palm or sago underplanted with colorful annuals.
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 11:01AM
sacapuntaslapioz
chances are you will not be able to grow anything on that fence. so i suggest get a gazebo that is tall enough that blocks the view, which eliminates your problem with the grass and creates a useful corner.

[houzz=Outdoor Living with Water Gardens][houzz=Gazebo and Pool Patio[houzz=Exterior][houzz=Multifamily La Redoma]
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 11:13AM
hermajestyshnaz
woooooow great ideas!so kind of you to share it THANKS
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 8:49PM
panjatty
Can you replace the metal part of the fence in back with white pickets between the posts? It would hide the majority of the playground. If you can't remove what's there, you could attach a section of short picket fence between the posts that would be completely removable if necessary. Use either L-shaped brackets attached to the posts, or U-shaped ones that wrap around the metal part and screw into the pickets. Something like this, but with the pickets closer together to block the view:
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 9:05PM
hermajestyshnaz
good idea such an eyesore the fence
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 9:08PM
hermajestyshnaz
good idea such an eyesore the fence by the way its pretty long goes straight to the back of my wooden patio which i will renovate later
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 9:10PM
panjatty
Then it would probably be a pretty dramatic addition to the yard. I'd say it's better than looking at that monstrosity on the other side! :) It would give you some privacy and act as a nice backdrop for plantings against the stone wall. How about that white wall (?) in the corner...is it yours or the neighbor's? If yours, can you paint it a muted gray to blend more with the stone wall so it fades into the background more?
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 9:30PM