powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How do you think it would look if i used the end chairs below for all 6 chairs?
sherreyw
January 30, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Love the end dining room chairs below, how do you think it would look if i used 6 of them instead of just on the ends? My table is similiar. The dilemma is i cant find coordinating chairs with the same exact linen fabric. I dont think it will look good with different shades of linen side by side. Thanks for your advice.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Aegean Designing Whims
I think 6 matching chairs would be a little overwhelming. Most furniture manufactures offer different chairs in the same fabric so you shouldn't have a problem with that. Unless.....you're looking at ready made chairs with no options. That's the least expensive way to go. You could also reupholster the chairs, but that really brings up the cost per chair.
Where did you find the chairs? Chrysteen
January 30, 2013 at 11:26am   
sherreyw
I was looking for a ready made chair to keep the costs down. I found the chairs googling braxton studios. When i called the site they said they cant gurantee "the fabrics will match, its hard to do that with linen they may be lighter or darker." Thanks Chrysteen!
January 30, 2013 at 11:32am   
decoenthusiaste
I wouldn't want them all to be as large as the end chairs - a little too much!
January 30, 2013 at 11:35am   
kimdee24
Too much if they're all like the end chair.

But there's no reason why you can't have the two end chairs in the linen, and have a different fabric on your armless chairs.
January 30, 2013 at 11:40am     
sherreyw
I like these chairs for the other 4, but wonder how the different shades will look next to one another?
http://www.interiorexpress.com/dining-room-furniture/daphne-neutral-linen-fabric-modern-dining-chair-set-of-2.html
January 30, 2013 at 11:41am   
kimdee24
If I wasn't sure they were going to be close enough, I'd choose a totally different fabric for the other four chairs. (ie: not linen). Otherwise it would look odd.
January 30, 2013 at 11:43am   
sherreyw
Thanks @ decoenthusiaste & @kdeley! Do you all like the four chairs in the link above as coordinating chairs or do i need a completely different type of fabric for the other 4??
January 30, 2013 at 11:43am   
kimdee24
We posted at the same time. See above. I'd choose something totally different for the other four. It would bother me if the fabrics were "close" but not "the same". But that's just me. I'd just always see it, and it would look like a mistake to my eye.

Others might have a differing opinion.
January 30, 2013 at 11:46am     
sherreyw
Completely agree @kdeley! Back to the drawing board... :-( Thanks for your time and helful advice.
January 30, 2013 at 11:50am   
judianna20
HERE IS A LINK TO OVERSTOCK. YOUR END CHAIRS ARE THERE AND SIDE CHAIRS. ALL MADE BY SAFAVIAH AND BOTH DESCRIBED AS TAUPE LINEN. http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=TAUPE+LINEN+CHAIR+&SearchType=Header
January 30, 2013 at 11:57am   
More Discussions
help needed for adding new kitchen cabinets
The first two photos show my [small] kitchen and dining...
Need help on the best method to secure two thick wood without joints
I am looking for advice on how to secure two pieces...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Your best advice to keep slugs at bay
Few things are as annoying as slugs. They're a gardener's...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.