Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedroom... What to dooo??
lilyav
January 30, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I barley moved in and brought my old furniture and planning on keeping it for a while.. Any design ideas should i put something on top of the bed? What window treatment? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Keitha
Drapes hung on a decorative rod with wooden roman blinds underneath and some layering and textures added to the bedding and a nice rug would be a great start.
January 30, 2013 at 9:21pm     
centaurita
I love the furniture and the wood floor but it seems like a lot doesn't it? I think a light color rug would do wonders and give you some texture too. The ceiling looks kind of low in the picture; maybe hang some curtains up close to the ceiling and have them drape to the floor.
January 30, 2013 at 9:29pm     
Keitha
I agree that drapes should be hung at ceiling height and rug kept on the lighter side !
January 30, 2013 at 10:01pm     
lela40
I agree. Curtains from floor to ceiling. Maybe change the lamps, add some artwork above the bed and a comforter with some sort of pattern/print.
January 30, 2013 at 10:58pm     
PRO
Anish Motwani Associates
hello

add a wallpaper behind the bed with some smoothing color like green, mustard, beige with blue.
Add a rug below the bed
for window - have light color silk curtains with rods

regards
Anish Motwani Associates
www.anishkmotwani.in
January 30, 2013 at 11:06pm     
Leanne Lovie
I'd put a picture set over the bed. Something calm and rhythmic, a line of pictures about the same side or something. I'd also get some bedding in a nice bold color so your eye is drawn strait to the bed. The room is simple enough that you can really use the bedding to incorporate whatever appeals to your personal style, although with that much brown I'd stay away from fabrics that have also to black or grey as a base tone. I'd also be careful with cool tones like blue . . . add in some brown pillows if you're going that route. Also I'd avoid picking anything too dark.

I agree that a light colored rug is a great idea. Something simple and texturally interesting.

Traditional furnishings translated to a transitional look
DwellStudio Foliage Comforter Set
Hallmart Collection Burgess Comforter Set
Hallmart Collectibles Joslin Comforter Set
angelo:HOME Westgate Comforter Set
Sander Sales Venue Reversible Bed in a Bag
Dark Earth Bedding Set By SIS Covers
Apple Bedding Set By Rizzy Rugs
Rizzy Rugs Spring Duvet Set
Albany Duvet Cover
Apt. 9 thyme coverlet
January 30, 2013 at 11:14pm     
criticaleye
What is your insurance policy like? Perhaps fire and insurance cheque collecting is in order...
January 30, 2013 at 11:28pm   
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
Roman Shades would be a great choice for the space since you don't have alot of room for drapery . I would also recommend getting them room darkening with a top down bottom up option. This will allow you to control the light and privacy in the room.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/shades-toronto/roman-blinds.html
January 31, 2013 at 6:59am   
PRO
Hummingbird Designs
Yes I would put something above the bed and add a punch of color and put it around the room to tie it together.
January 31, 2013 at 7:44am     
lilyav
Thanks!! Im loving all the comments im starting pff buying the rug.. What size would be appropiate? Any aditional ideas are welcome...
January 31, 2013 at 10:23am   
Keitha
Hey, think nice room darkening shades would be great but I feel like you need to soften the hard edges of the windows with simple draperies over those fantastic blinds. Centurita sent a great example earlier.
January 31, 2013 at 7:58pm   
centaurita
Rug under bed - should extend beyond the bed on both sides 18-24"
January 31, 2013 at 8:22pm     
PRO
Budget Blinds
Use roman shades and drapes. I think it will really compliment your furniture. http://www.budgetblinds.com
January 31, 2013 at 10:12pm     
Judit
A light cotton rug would look nice Also I think there is too much brown in there. Would you consider a very light blue, pink or lavender as a wall colour?
January 31, 2013 at 10:45pm   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.