Users
bought a new apartment,need help to decorate
amn lia
January 31, 2013 in Design Dilemma
here are more pics
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
JUL313 Gallery
You have a wonderful new place with lots of room to work with (and a great view). I am an artist and I can see a large painting on one of those walls that would really pop it out!! I have several I just completed. You can also add some color by changing the back splash etc. www.JUL313.com
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 5:56PM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
You have nice tall ceilings, doing some stationary panels (with a bold pattern) would add a lot to your space! If you want to keep things more clean and contemporary you could consider painting just the kitchen wall to emphasize the different space. You need to try to break up some of the white, and those couple things would definitely help! Then, when you get the larger things done, finish with accessories and art to make the space feel “lived” in.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 6:24PM
Denice Shuty
A good space and nice floors. Lighting will be key. None of your ceiling fixtures work. Make sure you have lighting of several types placed in several areas. The views of the neighboring buildings is not great. Perhaps window treatments that let light in, but can remain closed would be best. The upper set of windows in the great room can be left without window treatments since they are higher than the neighboring buildings. Don't go overboard with the slick black and white scheme - use lots of naturals, like your floor, on the walls and windows. Grasscloth wallpaper, natural fiber shades or valances, natural woven baskets, tall plants. You need textures. Maybe clad a section of the wall behind your bed and all the way up to the ceiling with nice quality plywood panels sealed with satin polyurethane. Kind of like a headboard that emphasizes the ceiling height. Make the "headboard" wider that the bed so that you can mount reading lamps/sconces on it.
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 6:29PM
Elise
Can you paint? If not go for large pieces of artwork and colorful rugs. Textures like baskets and a wood, butcherblock island in the kitchen would liven up the space alot. Keep your window coverings light and airy in the living area. Green plants, taller would be better would add a nice living touch.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 6:49PM
Cassidy Wilton
These colors would go well with what you currently have.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 6:51PM
judianna20
Build out the walls in the bedroom with shelving. Add a backsplash in the kitchen.
Modern Farmhouse
Piano White
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 6:57PM
Danielle B
I agree with most of what Writelyyours comments. Are you going to keep the existing furniture? Otherwise, you virtually have start with a blank slate, so you need to first determine what your style is. You can go in any direction, and the art work needs to be big. You could also shop for a wallpaper mural if you prefer, which can be purchased from several internet sites. Look at Eazywallz.com to see what I mean, but there are many sites that sell this kind of product. It's an easy way to set the mood for a room, a jump-off point.
1 Like   February 1, 2013 at 3:25AM
michigammemom
You have a great space, but the bedrooms in particular look sterile and uninviting. I would suggest coordinated bed linens with more pattern and visual interest. This black and white chevron duvet and shams from West Elm would go well with the color palette you have established in the living room. I also like the chunky texture of this wool rug. Add some bedside lamps and art to flesh out your room.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 5:21AM
Denice Shuty
Danielle! Easywallz is awesome! Thanks for sharing.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 8:44AM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
It would help to see other walls in rooms.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 8:49AM
amn lia
danielle
i love your idea...thanks alot
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 9:22AM
Danielle B
Allposters.com is another good source for posters, although murals is not their forte. But you can order posters is several sizes, and the paper quality is good. When I received one item damaged in shipment, they replaced it quickly.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 2:54PM