Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen remodel
melsdeal
January 31, 2013 in Design Dilemma
In pic #2-I'm having a problem with the upper cabinets on the left of the stove looking 'cut-off' by the fridge. These are Kraft Made 36". The rest of the cabinets are Martha Stewart 'Weston'. In pic #1 I don't like the fridge not being totally surrounded by cabinetry. Pic #4, I feel like this bar thing isn't working. The idea of the bar was extra seating and to hide kitchen 'things' from the living room. I think the person on the right end might feel like they are sitting behind the cabinet! We want an eclectic look with, mid century modern/rustic/classic. We will have 7" white oak plank flooring in a medium brown/gray tint. We have ordered the Restoration Hardware's Areo (pic) table. I feel like I have too much of the Weston stripe thing going on, or maybe just too many cabinets! What do you think? Behind the fridge is a laundry room.Thank you for any and all input in advance!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
melsdeal
The whole space is going to be re-done including the fireplace, stairs and paint. We recently covered our popcorn ceilings with new sheetrock except in the LR where we want to do some sort of thin, weathered wood planks (14.5') ceilings and room size is 16'x20'.
January 31, 2013 at 11:20am   
melsdeal
Its Mel again! Here is the length of the whole space from the stove to the fp wall-about 42 feet.
January 31, 2013 at 11:31am   
PRO
Twisted Minds Custom Designs
Have you considered putting a refridgerator end panel on, and pulling the cabinet over fridge out flush to give a more finished look from living area?
January 31, 2013 at 11:37am   
melsdeal
Thanks Twisted Minds-I have! I included some renderings with that done in my post. (See attached designs) That done I'm wondering if the design looks unbalanced because half of the cabinets (see pic) on the left side of the stove are covered by the fridge. Wondered if we should do a 12" frosted garage there instead of 36"?
January 31, 2013 at 11:42am   
PRO
Twisted Minds Custom Designs
The renderings look like your including a narrow pantry type cabinet and shifting the fridge over, what I'm suggesting is basically a 3/4" wooden panel that matches the cabinets but coveres the fridge side to give a custom built in look. Most cabinet offer these as an add on just like the crown moulding or toe kicks, you could also have the panel crafted with an cathedral arch type upper and boxed lowered raised panel to match cabinets. Could you shift the stove over 12" and do 24" frosted uppers on each side and a 12" raised panel upper on far left to balance it?
January 31, 2013 at 11:51am