Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What do I so with this space?
Olivera
January 31, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Between my living and dining room. Right now my son's guitars are parked there. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsrosie
If he could move his stuff out of there altogether, then I would put a sofa table behind the couch with a nice grouping. Lamps, pictures,plant or whatever. Would make sure the table is only as long as the tall back part of the sofa or slightly shorter. Good luck!
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 11:46AM
Olivera
@mrsrosie: thanks! What direction would you face the sofa table with pics?
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:19PM
mrsrosie
I think it depends a little on what you have on the other side of the room, but I would say either direction with maybe a couple of objects that can be viewed at any angle like a plant or decorative vase or a lamp. It could still be done but may be harder to make it look good if you had only pictures there all facing one way or the other. If you removed the objects on the sideboard too, you could dedicate the sideboard to pictures and the sofa table to objects. Just depends on whether or not you would like to ever use that sideboard as an actual server. You could do a couple of nice lamps and a tray on the server(which would still allow you to put food or drinks on the server when needed) and put a plant and some pictures or a mix of different objects on the sofa table. You could also help fill in that gap between the server/sideboard/buffet with a tall tree type plant. Hope that makes sense and is not more confusing! :0)
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 12:49PM
mrsrosie
Maybe I didn't understand your question....if you are talking about the table itself I would put it right up next to the back of the sofa. I was thinking something just a couple inches lower than the back of sofa in a narrow rectangle shape. Some even have a shelf underneath for some bonus decorating space. Hope that helps!
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 12:52PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.