Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with new dinning room
thelmalouisemom
January 31, 2013 in Design Dilemma
New furniture ordered. Should I keep the existing picture? Keep parsons chairs?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Wait till new furniture arrives to see how it all fits together.
February 4, 2013 at 12:43pm     
thelmalouisemom
Thanks for responding.
February 4, 2013 at 12:49pm   
TanCalGal
Is that a picture of the new furniture? Same fabric on chairs? Did U order fewer chairs to see if U could use the parsons chairs?
February 4, 2013 at 2:35pm   
nysnh
you have a very nice dining room.
I love the wall art and the two parson chairs more than the dining set you have ordered. Hope you do not mind what I just said. I have the same dining table in my dining room but I did not buy any of these chairs. :)
I would use the existing parsons chairs as end chairs and mix with other 4 or 6 simple design parsons side chairs.
I would let the curio go because its shape and color do not go well with the rest of the contemporary
style room. I will also add windows treatment to the windows.
February 4, 2013 at 5:27pm   
thelmalouisemom
Olldj22 That is a picturre of the new furniture. I did only order six chairs in hopes I would be able to use the parsons as captains chairs. If the fabric on the new chairs does not match the parsons, I hope I will be able to slip cover them. I have seen some very nice slip covers at Bed bath and beyond. Thanks for responding. Will post as I bring this room bak to order.
February 5, 2013 at 5:27pm     
thelmalouisemom
Peaceofmiind,. I do not mind at all your comment. I appreciate all comments and advise. The wall art has drastically faded from the sunlight. We are having new windows installed this spring. I have already bought new art work. I would love to see the chairs you choose to go with your table. The molding around the windows is 18 inches wide, and I just cannot bring myself to cover them with drapes. Leaning towards Romand shades. Thanks for your comments.
February 5, 2013 at 5:33pm   
Angela
That window could be very beautiful with some fabric. That will help to add softness amongst all the wood. If the view out is not so pleasing, perhaps a light sheer could help along with thicker drapes. But the current blinds are harsh.

I agree with losing the curio. It's a bit dated.

The table you chose is beautiful! I see you have two fabric chairs. I am loving the trend with two "master" chairs with fabric at the ends, blended with the parsons. Excited for you! It's going to look beautiful!
February 5, 2013 at 6:42pm   
thelmalouisemom
Thanks texassky, I would love to get rid of the blinds. I despise them. The curio however, was a 35 year anniversary gift from the company I worked for for 37 years. May be able to use in another room. Thanks for the comments.
February 5, 2013 at 7:11pm     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
The painting stays the chairs really don't look like a fit with your new set.
February 5, 2013 at 7:15pm   
curacaoblue
The painting looks very odd touching the trim on the wall.
February 5, 2013 at 8:12pm     
missangel99
Are those cellular shades or faux blinds? What about painting the wainscoating all white and not two toned like it is now? I think it would look really nice.
February 5, 2013 at 8:35pm   
missangel99
Yes the painting needs to be raised up quite a bit.
February 5, 2013 at 8:36pm   
enc123
Would someone spell dining correctly, please.
February 5, 2013 at 8:40pm     
thelmalouisemom
Peaceofmiind,your chairs are beautiful. The painting is going. It isn't actually touching the trim. It only appears that way in the picture. The current window coverings are wood blinds and they also will be going at some point.
February 6, 2013 at 6:04am   
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
I would replace the blinds with silhouette blinds there a lot more formal and classy for a dining space.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/hunter-douglas/silhouette-toronto.html
February 6, 2013 at 4:29pm   
nysnh
Thelmalouisemom, I just love mix and match so I did not buy the set.
enc123, dining is correct this time. Thanks for pointing out. I appreciate it.
February 6, 2013 at 4:45pm   
More Discussions
Narrow close with sloped ceiling
I have a very narrow closet with sloped ceiling. (Only...
Need help furnishing the living room
My living room is currently being used as the children's...
Lacking Inspiration
Hi All- I've been in this rental for a year now and...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Need kitchen cabinet help for a tiny kitchen
I am purchasing a small cottage with a tiny kitchen....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.