Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Visuals tell a great story!!
Liquidscapes
January 31, 2013 in Before & After
I thought I would share another before and after displaying how design plays another significant role in transforming the look, feel and experience of this front home entry!!

What do you think?

In all my years in the pool and landscape design and build industry, I have never understood why clients want to compromise or eliminate the design process. It is the smallest cost of the project, the most important investment, it is a mutual and binding contract holding everyone accountable and provides the direction and efficiency needed to complete and assure you get the product you wanted and agreed too.

Most importantly to the customer, establishes a sense of cost and budget!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Liquidscapes
This space was so linear originally and flat visually. Plus, there was no sense of space to truly appreciate and experience this wonderful home.

You literally walked along side the house, opposed to receiving it from a angle and perspective that you could appreciate the lines and architectural details of the home.The proportions were all wrong in relationship to the scale of the home as well.

The free standing wall creates a nice sense of space and scale at the entry, a small garden court!!
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 7:13PM
yfuoco
Wow...what a beautiful home!!!
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 7:22PM
PRO
Liquidscapes
Thank you!!
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 7:31PM
vanattac
Thank you for sharing this great makeover.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 10:09AM
lakemomof4
Beautiful! And I could not agree more. When we built our home and funds were scarce I did some landscaping myself. Had a few successes but had I worked with a landscaper, gotten a plan and worked toward it, I would have saved alot of money! Eventually I did and my landscaping is now beautiful if I do say so myself!
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 10:20AM
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Gorgeous! Just goes to show how important landscaping is. Love the home.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 10:43AM
PRO
Liquidscapes
Thank you so much, I'll be posting similar examples soon, so everyone can have a better understanding of the value of the design and build process. The pool and landscaping industry gets such a bad rap, because there is so many bad examples and information posted out there.

Unfortunately, the majority of work out there is bad, because the design process and expertise in order to design is lacking or devalued by the majority. So the minority has to constantly justify and reinforce their process and value.

After 35 years and designing and building over 1,500 project, I still need to justify the value, when the results should speak for themselves and say, " it works" !!

Check out this during and after. This wing was added to a 100 year old Normandy Tudor and the goal was to create a seamless transition between old and new. Can you tell that this is a new addition??
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 1:47PM
PRO
Liquidscapes
Thank you Candice!!
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 1:56PM
More Discussions
Living Room
Hi, Need a little spice for my living room. Want...
Master suite design help/advice/ideas
Hi everyone, We currently live in a 1900ish sqft house...
wall colour? ?
Im really struggling as I love this wallpaper but I...
Dining Room in Townhouse
I just purchased this dining room set and I need help...
Still not quite right
We have painted, and repainted, the Hardie Shake siding...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.