Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Fireplace
ZAN Co.
January 31, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need an idea on going about upgrading the look without disturbing original brick work....
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pj541957
Try a new mantel...also paneling can be painted.
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 8:03PM
Denice Shuty
This is a real mis-match of materials. Clad the brick with something organic-feeling, like a veneer stone. Change the mantel completely, it's too wide and projects out too far. Lighten up the colors, that dark wood does not go with the wood paneling.
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 8:09PM
PRO
ZAN Co.
The wood paneling is going to be eliminated soon, I'm gonna re finish wall and paint. Just the brick and design is killing me. I do agree fully on the huge mantel.. Thanx for input
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 8:27PM
Denice Shuty
If you can't do a stone or tile veneer over the brick then at least paint it.
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 8:53PM
PRO
Island Stone
Island Stone rustic or vile claddings. Can be put right on top of your brick. Immediately gives a modern appearance. http://www.islandstone.com/gallery.php?id=115&keywords=Fireplaces
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 9:42PM
libunium
Why don't you wish to disturb the brick? I would take the top four layers off to get rid of the flair. It's top heavy for the space. Then when you have is squared up you might like the brick. then If not, consider the Island stone look. You could paint the interior brick black or gray.
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 10:13PM
libunium
Not wish to disturb the brick?
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 10:17PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.