Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my lounge
shazakhan
February 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hey, please help me with what I can do to decorate my lounge.. It's wooden floor with a chocolate brown rug on the floor and sofas are off white and dark wood and the fireplace is grey stone. The this on the wall right opposite the sofa.. Seeking some ideas, thanks:)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
cypress
You need to place a console under your TV to anchor it to the space and hide all the cords,etc. Your built-ins on either side need some larger accessories. The picture over your sofa is hung too high. If you like color, I would introduce it in some colorful pillows and rug.
February 1, 2013 at 12:23pm     
decoenthusiaste
Your focal point it the fireplace, so I think I'd move the TV to the right of it and organize the furniture on the wall with the built-in shelf. You need a larger area rug to anchor the seating group on. That's where you can add some color. There is a tutorial on styling shelves and mantels here at Houzz. I'd check it out and rework your decor.
February 1, 2013 at 12:34pm     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I'd like to see you get rid of those shelves which don't seem deep enough to use for anything except small trinkets that make the wall look quite busy. If you can smooth out that wall, then I'd place either an entertainment center there or a real bookcase that includes an entertainment unit .

Another option would be to place the TV on a console to the right of the fireplace and then use the wall where the TV is currently for a wall of bookcases that are deep enough to use for books and other items too.

I do not understand why the chair to the right of the fireplace is shoved against the wall. It should be angled in the room, toward the fireplace. With all the brown in the room, I wish you'd consider changing the rug to the pretty green that is in the pillow on the sofa.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
February 1, 2013 at 12:53pm     
shazakhan
Hey thanks guys that was very helpful, the problem with placing the furniture to where the tv is that there is the main door to the right of that wall, so if some enters the room would crash right into the furniture... Would that be odd or it doesn't matter and I should change Tyne seating?
February 3, 2013 at 1:22am   
shazakhan
Also what kinda console would u recommend for the tv ?
February 3, 2013 at 1:23am