Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Window Treatments & Wall Art/Mirror suggestions for Dining room
pkmatusiak
February 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need help with window panel color and suggestion for what to hang on the wall between the 2 smaller pictures!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
archzarei
where is that room?
February 1, 2013 at 3:06pm   
pkmatusiak
Its in the front of the house. When you walk in the front door its on the left.
February 1, 2013 at 3:08pm   
PRO
Dytecture
I would do full drapery on both sides of the room.

February 1, 2013 at 3:35pm     
nana25
I would put four prints in-between the small windows or one large print. I would just add soft panels on the larger window & hang the rod level with the window height so your eye flows around the room. Look for a statement piece for the centre of your dining table. Very nice room.
February 1, 2013 at 3:52pm     
anitajoyce
What colors do you like?. Your room is beautiful! It is nice and bright and sunny! Beige or tan would be nice on the windows. ( if you want to continue the monochromatic look) Your windows look nice without panels also. Between the windows, place an abstract picture or a big flower picture.
February 1, 2013 at 4:11pm   
PRO
Maria Billingsley of J Hettinger Interiors
Go with Bronze colored velvet panels and add rich peacock teal for accents.
February 1, 2013 at 4:22pm   
pkmatusiak
great suggestions! thanks everyone!
February 1, 2013 at 5:10pm   
kittt29
I just wanted to say your room is beautifully done, I love it! Do you know what the paint color is in there and your foyer?
February 1, 2013 at 5:16pm   
kittt29
Oh, and I was thinking a mirror would look nice between the 2 side windows.
February 1, 2013 at 5:18pm   
pkmatusiak
Thank you! The dining room paint is SW pewter cast; the hall is BM Grant Beige.
February 1, 2013 at 5:23pm     
PRO
Paolo Monjes
floor -to-ceiling panels in a soft grey on individual poles.-tie them back so you don't block too much light from the windows. the mirror will double the light from your chandelier.
February 1, 2013 at 5:27pm     
cwithd
your wall color looks eggplant/ purple in 2 of the pics and taupe in the 3rd. If you don't need the privacy on the drapery, I would stack drapes to left & right of the picture window; and single panels on the square windows. Set the rod just below the crown moulding; as in the picture by Dytecture. The rod should be the width of the fabric. approx. 15 - 18" wide. 1 large art piece or a triple panel of art, longer than the windows. You have a nice beginning.
February 1, 2013 at 5:31pm   
freezn31
I would do custom shutters on the windows and stationary drape panels on either side of the large window to soften the look. I would call your local Budget Blinds as the have the best shutters on the market with the best warranty. they also have a great selection of quality drapery
February 1, 2013 at 5:36pm   
trasgorshek
Just my two cents, but I would do full drapery on the large window panel in a rich lighter grey fabric with romans on the two smaller windows in same fabric. In between the two windows I would hang an original abstract oil painting to add color. Beautiful room! Let the shadow box trim be center stage.
February 1, 2013 at 7:00pm     
designideas4me
I love your room and your colors. Dont clutter it up with too much stuff. It looks good now
February 1, 2013 at 7:14pm     
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
I would go with decorative panels the color of your chairs. Mount the rod 6'' above the window and I would recommend 24'' drapery panels to frame the window.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/panels/grommet-drapery.html
February 3, 2013 at 7:27am   
PRO
JUL313 Gallery
Love your colors and furniture you have here! As an artist, I believe a large painting on that wall would really pop out the room. Something with a bit of teal in it perhaps? But not too much! I have several I have recently completed. You can view more on my page or my website http://www.JUL313.com
February 3, 2013 at 9:44am   
Lara Jones
Love this room but when you look at it, you think to yourself almost perfect but something is missing! The centerpeice on the table is almost completely washed out amidst the bolder dark colors. Stunning woodwork, but I think even that front window could be framed lightly. The cabinet is very large but that could work for this room if there were just a couple more visuals...just a couple. This room is near perfect. The round mirror with metal accents is brillant! I would have added that but was already suggested. For the front window I think these curtains would frame that window nicely. Go with a punch of color as your table centerpeice. A soft yellow mustard color or a white bowl with some lemons.
February 3, 2013 at 1:34pm