powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Beautiful or in need of remodeling? Help! I need your feedback.
foxbrij
February 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am preparing to install a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon pellet stove here in our living room. I also would like to put a flatscreen television above the mantle. I am replacing the existing tile around the fireplace. Should I stick with tile or go to stone? Would you keep the existing wood above the mantle or drywall and paint it? Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
chickinvic
I think I would drywall and paint it, but that's just me. The fireplace seems a bit overwhelmed by all that wood in my opinion, and a bit dated looking. I think it will feel like a totally different room if you get rid of it. Best of luck whatever you decide to do.
February 2, 2013 at 9:27am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Linda
I think it's interesting, but due for some updates. I would look at changing out the cabinet hardware and redoing the display area. I like the design elements of the panels and the molding, but don't feel that it is sufficiently coordinated with the open shelving area. Consistent width in the trim around the windows should be repeated throughout the area to attempt to make the three major sections - upper portion, display area and fireplace - appear as a single design focus
February 2, 2013 at 10:33am   
More Discussions
Reposting possible lighting layout
If anyone could please give an opinion on the attached...
Ugly, cheap, honey colored oak trim: What should I do?
House built 1999, we moved into it new, but was a speck...
Need help with color of front gates and front door
What color should I paint front gates and front door?...
Purchase of Living Room Set - NAPLES
Where do I purchase this Traditional Dining Room Set?...
What should i do with this 140 yo house main entry hall?
I want to remove the pre finished walls and re do the...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.