Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help with bedroom wall color
31griff
February 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Does anyone have any ideas for a wall color in our master bedroom? I was thinking either a tan or grey, but decorating isn't my thing. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Edgemont Floors
I would definitely suggest sticking with a brown hue, whichever degree of darkness or lightness of it that you'd like. If you want to open up the room and stick with a more traditional look then perhaps go with a taupe. For a more modern look you can choose a more chocolate brown. But make sure it's not exactly the color of your bed, otherwise it'll look too blended in.
February 2, 2013 at 11:48am   
PRO
Long Kitchen & Bath Design Northville
As your furniture is a darker cherry it looks like I would say a sea glass blue would be killer. The combination of blue/brown are fab. Try Benjamin Moore Bird's Egg 2051-60!
February 2, 2013 at 11:52am     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I think that Long Kitchen & Bath Design Northville hit it on the nose. That color would look great.
February 2, 2013 at 11:53am     
Patricia Pelgrims
I wouldn't be able to think of any colour, because of the positioning of the bed. My Feng Shui is now completely muddled. ;)
February 2, 2013 at 12:00pm   
PRO
Art & Interiors by Lisa
I like the light blue to a medium light blue idea depending on how much light comes in the room. Very restful and cozy. Like how you angled the bed.
February 2, 2013 at 12:02pm   
gowithyourgut design
Benjamin Moore - Seattle gray or the next one on that swatch. I have the same bed. I painted Hillsborough Beige not much contrast and room too dark.
February 2, 2013 at 12:08pm   
PRO
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
A few thoughts........1. shoot the ceiling fan and install recessed. 2. Blue is a great idea for your walls. Use a powdery blue with a litte grey tone or beige tone in it. Ceiling painted two shades lighter ofthe same color. 3. shoot the lamp and find one that is either tiny or taller, slender, and has a simple profile. Could even be a tech style lamp like a Tizzio or Stark design. It looks like there is a chair in the far corner.........? Try relocating it and add an upholstered bench under the far window. Layer bedding with sheets, blanket/duvet and no bed spread. A throw or blanket at the foot of the bed.
Add artwork to the walls behind the bed. Group a few pieces on the window wall and the adjoining wall all the way around to your bedside table. Use larger art toward the inside corner and reduced sizes toward the bedside table. The grouping can include one or two small framed mirrors scattered into the mix.
Remove the current wall to wall carpet and replace with a low loop geometric design, or go for it with wood floors and an animal hide placed on an angle.
OK, ok I know you might hate all of this but I figured what the H...........!
Good luck!!
February 2, 2013 at 12:08pm   
PRO
Christine Bhe, Bhe Design LLC
I looks like you don't have much light in this room so I would suggest Benjamin Moore's AF-540 Constellation. It is a light blue that is fresh but calming and not too dark. Don't be alarmed if the swatch doesn't seem to have any color, it multiplies when you put it on the walls. (Benjamin Moore's Aura paints are great because they are low VOC so you can sleep in the room the day you paint it and they are very durable.)
February 2, 2013 at 12:14pm     
eleri
I like the blue idea but green could work too, some sort of sage green like Georgian Green HC-115 by Benjamin Moore or for lemongrass green like Springtime 6708 by Sherwin-Williams. hagreen 6422 by Sherwin-Williams is also a nice hue :)
February 2, 2013 at 12:24pm   
Matteo Dezigns
Try a nice light silver grey color...it will work with the blue and create a nice warm balance. Good Luck!
February 2, 2013 at 12:49pm