Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Keep my view
notta
February 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The window in this picture came with the house I purchased and is leaking very badly. I don't like the window but I do like the open view to look out at my back yard. What do you guys suggest to keep the view, but not break the bank. It's 9' across and is part of a small breakfast area next to my kitchen. Mu current plan is to purchase an Andersen Sliding glass door with 2 side panels. I'm then going to build an A-Frame roof with a skylight on each side to replace the slant roof of current window. I'm going to lose a lot of light and wanted to see if there was another idea before I commit. Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
What your planning is spot on. I would fill the new peak with windows over the doods to keep all that light and view.
February 2, 2013 at 11:56am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Scott's Creative Home
There can be many problems that occur from such a window,from seams leaking to condensation problems. Changing the triple window to a door would allow you access to your garden, but also some ventilation in the small breakfast room. Consider an Anderson triple door, so that you can maximize the 9' wall. Post pictures of the exterior so that we can offer ideas on roof lines.

Www.scottscreativehome.com
February 2, 2013 at 12:00pm   
More Discussions
Rock bed in back yard not sure what to put in it
What can I put in this rock bed in the back of my yard....
Kitchen cabinet closings
We just paid a fair amount of money for a kitchen ....
How would you arrange furniture in this room?
This room seems off balance to me. I really want to...
Floor plan feedback?
My mom is planning to build a house to sell on a lot...
milo baughman-where to find brass chairs
I want chairs like milo baughman but I just bought...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.