powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Space off from kitchen?? what to do with it!!??
Danielle Lyn
February 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So we just bought this house...the second picture is of the kitchen which is to the right of the space im trying to fill. We would like the paint the kitchen cupboards white, change the lights to pendants, and add a backsplash(we cant decide what where doing with that yet).

We have no idea what to do with the space off the kitchen....we have a dining room so we dont need to put a table here....
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
A small cocktail area would work if you like to entertain. It does seem like it was meant to be used as a kitchen eating area. I seldom use my dining room except for diner parties.
February 2, 2013 at 3:14pm     
PRO
Banarsi Designs
This is a tough one, the area is begging for a table :) Maybe high top bar stools with a round glass cocktail table (as Interiors Int. suggested) perhaps? Hard to decide what else the area can be used for. Looks like a really cool space for entertaining guests !
February 2, 2013 at 3:22pm     
wildfan
If it were my house, I would put a rectangle table there with benches. My kids would use it for homework, art projects, playdoh, scrapbooking, playing board games, etc. That may not work for you though!
February 2, 2013 at 3:23pm     
Jayme H.
It really screams out for a table of some kind.
February 2, 2013 at 3:24pm   
PRO
David J. Design Inc.
How about using one of the more modern rectangular tables you see in condos and more modern homes. I mean using a table 36 inches high instead of the usual 30 inches high and buy 4 counter height chairs (seat hight is 24"). This creates a nice area for people to hang around while you are prepping in the kitchen.
The other idea would be to do 2 leather club chairs facing each other with a large coffee table in the centre. This could be an area where friends could sit while you are busy in the kitchen.
By the way you really need to add some moulding on top of your cabinets. Try a very simple 3 inch high cornice or crown moulding.
February 2, 2013 at 3:27pm     
PRO
Engrav's Decorating
I love your dark countertops. I would bring in some seating in the same dark color as your countertops. What a nice view you have for a couple chairs and a table between. The light fixture would be nice in the dark color too.
February 2, 2013 at 5:58pm   
gillianlf
If you don't choose a table and another light fixture be sure to shorten the chain on the chandelier so that you can walk comfortably through the room.
February 2, 2013 at 6:07pm   
PRO
Bargain Backer
This space would do well w/some bar stools or even some nice wine holders to use for entertaining guests. Here are some suggestions: http://www.bargainbacker.com/Bar-Acessories_c_4654.html
Be sure to save some money with this coupon "1savebb13" expires 2/15/13
February 2, 2013 at 6:09pm     
Genevieve
I have seen this picture on here I wanted to share it again
[houzz=
]
February 2, 2013 at 6:10pm   
Danielle Lyn
Ok I'm going to cave and put a table there!!! I just need to choose the correct size
February 3, 2013 at 6:24am     
More Discussions
Glass block window in shower? Or does glass block scream "dated"?
I'm re-doing a master bath and want a window in the...
NEW FRONT DOOR COLOUR
HELP, I have no idea what colour to paint my front...
Ideas to refurbish my dining chairs
Bought these dining chairs Germany and want to take...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.