Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Teen bedroom help with wall colors / decorating ideas
spatrickson
February 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Sorry for the mess in the middle of the room...right in the middle of rearranging rooms. This is a room over our garage which we had previously used as a rec room and are now switching to a bedroom for our 15 year old son. We have been thinking about doing a light brown wall which is what we have in the hallway and living area of the home but looking for some other ideas. My son had picked out BM Masada but I think it is too orange and will look horrible with the current carpet in the room...its kind of a light grey berber with green in it too. We will be replacing the carpet with laminate eventually

Wondering if an accent wall might look good only on the wall with the windows?? Any suggestions will be appreciated!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dalma darling
What furniture will be in the room? That will help determine the best color for the wall. When you say you'll eventually replace the flooring, will that impact the decision to paint a certain color? Since the room will be for your teenage son, I'd have fun with it and paint more than just one wall. I think because those are the only windows in the room (from what it looks like in the photos) I'd go with something lighter than the BM Masada.
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 10:36PM
cyn222
How about a softer chocolate brown with less orange tone.
0 Likes   February 20, 2013 at 10:40PM
elklaker
What bedding and furniture will be in there? We just redecorated our 15 year old son's bedroom and started with the bedding and went from there. While I am usually not a fan of the "accent" wall, I painted one wall navy with the others a soft taupe to complement the carpet and bedding. Happy decorating!
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 5:14AM
michigammemom
How about using the terra cotta Masada color that your son selected for an an accent wall and a light khaki for the remaining walls? I love the camo headboard and mix of gray bed linens in this inspiration room.
2 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 5:28AM
spatrickson
We actually just painted this last weekend! He ended up choosing a light color "Roxbury Caramel" from Benjamin Moore and it looks pretty good.
1 Like   February 21, 2013 at 7:16AM
dalma darling
Oh great! Glad he picked something that worked with the room! I'd love to see what you did - post a photo of his room!
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 8:00AM