powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help deciding on a colour for the feature wall!
Sam Towne
February 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have quite dark furniture but I like warm colours. I'm thinking about a reddish colour but not quite sure if it will be too dark.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Steven Sobti
I think that the cream colored walls look great! Maybe you should add a picture or mirror to contrast the wall and furniture. A dark color would make the space look much smaller.
February 3, 2013 at 1:56AM   
Stephanie Allen
In this corner you need to paint the T.V. wall the dark color. It will make the space feel more square as opposed to elongated. I would not choose red because the adjacent wall needs to be painted a tone of the accent wall for contrast and richness. Red turns pink when lightened. But you could do red and adjacent wall a taupe or beige. All of your walls appear to be very white. If your budget allows through time start painting all the walls a warm golden tint. This way this room does not get out of place. If your baseboards are at least 2-3/4" tall then keep them gloss white but if smaller paint them the wall color too :)
February 3, 2013 at 2:53AM   
Stephanie Allen
A shag rug would do wonders to pull the furniture together as a group as well. Presently the furniture appears (visually) to be "floating". Rug will also help with color on the walls. I recommend going to get a rug you love and then paint the walls around those rug colors :)
February 3, 2013 at 2:56AM   
lydiamuir
I agree I don't think you need to change the light colours on your walls. What I suggest is that you need something to break up your dark furniture again your dark floor boards. This can easily be done with a light rug and some lighter creams, grey pillows on your sofa. Hers some photos of colour combinations that could work well with your contrasting colours.
February 3, 2013 at 4:12AM