Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Furniture
loria
February 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Not sure what to put on either side of fireplace. Large area lots of light, will be replacing dark leather with lighter fabric. Suggestions??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Steven Sobti
I think that 2 identical long book shelves would look great! I would also paint the fireplace to match the shelves. That way the whole unit will look like a built-in. Also I suggest that since you are getting lighter fabric for the couches, the shelves and fireplace, if painted should be a darker color for contrast. Hope this helps! :)
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 5:34AM
PRO
Dytecture
I agree, whatever you do try to create a symmetry on either side of the fireplace.

0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:26AM
claudiann
I don't like the tv on top of the fireplace. I only sometimes like it when the fireplace is much larger and brick but that is just me. I don't see how you watch tv since the furniture is angled away from the tv. I can't tell without more pics but I think you might need smaller furniture.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:52AM
PRO
Galleria Place
I would suggest an entertainment system for the TV.
Here are some ideas from Holly & Martin. http://www.bargainbacker.com/ENTERTAINMENT-CENTERS_c_4792.html
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:54AM
lefty47
HI -- Have a bookcase built on both sides but have one that will house the TV ( set lower than the mantel ) in it at one side ,and then have a painting or a beautiful mirror above the fireplace mantel instead. Have the inside of the bookcases an off-black or a blackish navy or green , which ever you like best . And maybe glass shelves . Have the out side of the bookcases a warm white or a light putty color ,and also paint the fireplace the same and also your stair railings and any other trims in the room. Lighter furniture would be a great idea , but don't burden yourself with another love seat. Contiue the color I see that you have on the window wall or go with the same warm white or a putty color for the whole room .- more contemporay.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
Need help with my Bathroom, What style is this?
Was white & Pink walls with purple rugs, now its Tepee...
Paint! Bedroom!
So debating what to do here for paint. Below are my...
Art on my wall is making me stall!
Do the dimensions of my stand- in painting work for...
Chimney Breast Colour?
Am wondering what colour to paint the chimney breast...
Flooring for 2 story lake house renovation
Need advise on flooring for a 2 story lake house. The...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.