Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Not sure about dining table we bought!
barbarasab
February 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My husband and I bought a dining table, side board (I love the side board) and bench from reclaimed wood from Northern India. It is so different from what I am used to - and because it is reclaimed wood from a variety of places - it has a great variety of colors within the table - from green, to rust, to blue. In some light - it looks fantastic - and in others - I worry that it just looks paint splattered. (It has a lacquer on it to protect it.) My problem is that none of my plates, cutlery etc. match - and for elegant dinners - I would have to cover it with a table cloth in order to use my grandmother's china and sterling. Should I take it back - or buy all new dishes and flatware? I think I am just afraid of how different it is now that it is in our Napa house. Thoughts??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
redesign-gallery
Nice table but I understand your concern. One way to "expense it up" is to glue 1" strip of 1/8" thick mirror on face of each leg and install 1/8" thick mirror on the face of the apron, leaving 1/4" around edges and lining top of leg mirror with top of apron mirror and up from leg bottom 1/2" . That will dampen the distressed look and might reflect other aspects of your interior. Could add feet caps in stainless. But as far as the top mixing with your good china it would be hoot of a contrast, dampened slightly by small place mats. Silver would look great on the table enhanced by the proximal mirrors, add center candles, china plates to mix the pattern of the table and the plates, napkins in the same hew as one of the table top colors. Have fun with it! It is a great find!
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Living room arrangement
I have a living/family room with a window or door on...
84stitches
Filling Floating Shelves
I am trying to fill my new shelves in my Living Room...
jennstoltz
Long Narrow Living Room/Entryway
Hello! This is the living room in our new house (none...
autrement
Kitchen Renovation-W MI
Damaged parquet flooring led to a total kitchen renovation....
Karen Woods
Office-den needs a facelift
My office/den was filled with dark, traditional furniture....
deborahjarman
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.