Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
any ideas for this shelf???
ddmboy6
February 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
this shelf is in my kitchen and i have no idea what might look good here!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yvonnecmartin
cookbooks on the bottom shelves and pretty dishes on the top ones.
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 1:08PM
PRO
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
It's a little odd with the glass shelves in a Kitchen location. Having said that, by painting the interior of this niche a fresh color you can achieve a lot. I would not go dark but use something that brings some contrast. Light Blues, Greens, or a pale Gold tone will work. For the top shelves see if you can add some glass or objects that are translucent. If you like the country flavor, pressed glass plates and cups are a possibility. Cookbooks are of course a good choice but use sparsley and toward the lower portion. If you'd like this a little more contemporary, remove the top shelf and start with something tall. Then work downward with plates, dishes, and books.
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 1:17PM
Donna Risner
something whimsical (child-friendly) on the bottom 2 or 3 then your collection of ?? bright, pretty glass or ceramic.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 1:17PM
silvevans
Are they glass shelves? I think I would put 1'' thick wood shelves in there and then fill it with books. Maybe a wood or wicker box in the lowest part.
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 1:19PM
nevadan
Cookbooks.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 1:27PM
elwillems
If you get some nice collector plates and get something to mount them on, then I would put one dish per spot
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 1:30PM
PRO
Dytecture
Here is one example.

1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 1:30PM
sjkingston
If you have a cookbook collection, agree with others this is the perfect niche to put them in. Since they will block the light, you could just put a nice piece of pottery/china at the top for it to shine down on. Be sure the shelves are tempered if you are putting books on them; if not replace with would and paint them and interior to match your decor as suggested above. It's a fabulous niche.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Our new sunroom.
Walls are a light gray with blue tint. Chairs are...
Kitchen Backsplash - what color and material?
I'm almost finished with a total kitchen remodel and...
Bathroom Demo
Redoing guest bathroom. Use to be children bathroom...
Lighting over a 10' island
My island is 10' x 5' - what is the right number and...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.