Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Fireplace suggestions please
california57
February 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We desperately need help on designing a mantle and chimney breast for this room. We are in the middle of doing an extension and remodelling. The living room has a sliding glass patio doors to the right wall in the photos. The middle of the wall to place the fireplace is slightly to the left of the cinder block section of the wall on the yellow wall. Please note that the walls have not been plastered yet. We will have oak flooring in the room. The ceiling will have part open exposed pitch in the extended part and flat ceiling in the original section. There will be no windows on this wall.

My husband wants a simple fireplace mantle as in the picture attached. Any ideas for chimney breast and fireplace?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dalma darling
I can't wait to see the after on this project!

Here are a few ideas I had: You can have the chimney breast come straight up from the mantle as a section that comes out into the room in one solid piece. I like how this room has built-ins tucked in on the sides and I thought the exposed beams and slanted roof was a similar feel to show you how it could look in your space.
Grandin Residence

Again, I like the built ins in this space and the way the oversized mirror above the mantle reflects the outdoors as you described the windows on the right as well.
Cary Bernstein Architect Choy 2 Residence

Another idea is to select a unique material for the chimney breast and mantle and have it go all the way up the wall like this one.
Acton Residence
1 Like   February 22, 2013 at 8:27PM
california57
Thank you Dalma great suggestions.
1 Like   February 22, 2013 at 11:59PM
california57
Hello Dalma

As promised, the final fireplace. Oak flooring and skirting is being laid presently. Thanks for your suggestions.
1 Like   June 16, 2013 at 2:46AM
Blue
Pretty. Nice colors.
1 Like   June 16, 2013 at 4:53AM
dalma darling
california57 - I love the fireplace! It looks beautiful - this is definitely going to have to be a before and after post. Please keep the photos coming as the room is finished.
0 Likes   June 17, 2013 at 9:50PM
More Discussions
Types of trim
We want to change our trim in our home to something...
Need paint color help!
We bought an amazing loft in Chicago and proceeded...
Drawing a blank for our bathroom
We are looking to overhaul our bathroom, but we'd like...
Where to purchase or how to mix Gel stain in Charcoal Grey.
I'm wanting to do a kitchen makeover, I presently have...
Need Help with Porch Swing Size!
We have a 6ft space where we'd like to hang a porch...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.