Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Homemade Window Treatments
katietierno
February 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
First picture is my inspiration, second is my favorite pattern. Third are my current windows. Fourth is the up close picture of my favorite. The ribbon pulls will be in the canvas color located in the middle. Any negative thoughts out there on a print heavy valance? These are a non functional design. Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mobwife
what does your room look like? It would depend on what you room looks like now, the pattern seems very light. Post a picture of your room. I saw some blinds, it you notice there weren't any blinds in the first picture, that will make a difference in your room.
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 3:04PM
groveraxle
They're going to look great.

1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 3:07PM
PRO
Christine Bhe, Bhe Design LLC
I love the fabric and the print is subtle enough that is should work well in a stagecoach valance. Are you keeping the blinds? (They seem very dark in the picture.) I would not place the valance all the way up at the ceiling like in your inspiration photo. It seems a little top heavy. I would make the length approximately 15"-18" and place the top edge half way between the top of the window and the ceiling. The lower edge should cover the blind valance but not too much of the window.
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 3:43PM
katietierno
It's very dark in this room currently, 7:00pm, so I'm sorry if its hard to see the colors. I don't have a lot going on though. Tan walls, dark blinds, three frames and a large leaf fan, that you can't see. I need something to lighten the space up, I think. The first photo is the model home for the one I purchased... In the day time it gets very bright in the room just like that picture!
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 3:49PM
katietierno
Not having blinds isn't really an option, but I like the Idea of adding a valance to complete the look. Just scared about the print! It's expensive to change my mind after the fact! Lol
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 3:51PM
mobwife
i think the fabric is too light, but that is just my opinion, i don't see it matching your room but again, it is hard to see the fabric you have in that room. could you find fabric somewhere else where it isn't that expensive? There are quite a few places. I don't know where you live, maybe search it out on the web. it doesn't seem to go with your pictures either.
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 3:56PM
PRO
Christine Bhe, Bhe Design LLC
Based on the second photo, you might need to do a few more things to make that fabric work. (Or go back to the fabric store and keep looking.) You have a lot of warm tones in the artwork and woodwork so if you want to introduce the cooler blue colors I would suggest repeating the color at least 2 more times somewhere else in the room so it doesn't look like a mistake. For example; pillows or a throw on the sofa and chair, a rug with both the orange and blue colors in it, or even a light blue bowl on the coffee table. You need to tie it all together.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 4:13PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.