powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with foyerless entry. How to???
janthers
February 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
When we built our home somehow this detail was missed. Probably because the main entrance was to a downstairs family area. Guests naturally come to the front door now rather than our downstairs entry. Am planning on tiling the hallway and extending it into the living room so when guests enter they do not stop in the doorway.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
I would think if you want guests to come through the main door downstairs then changes should be done on the outside of the house ?
February 4, 2013 at 12:22pm   
janthers
I want guests to come through the door pictured, which enters into the living room/dining room area.
February 4, 2013 at 12:40pm   
claudiann
Could you use some low bookcases to create a division? Or could you put the back of a sofa or love seat to divide the space?
February 4, 2013 at 2:30pm   
PRO
Antonucci Home Design
Ikea Expedit shelving serves both sides and creates a division of the space.
February 4, 2013 at 2:33pm     
Elisabeth Clark
Congratulations on your new home. I love the beautiful woodwork. The door opens into the space you want (that helps!). What directly across from the door?
February 4, 2013 at 3:31pm   
veracity8888
The same problem existed in the house i bought several years ago. The entrance was into a very large room, with no foyer to serve as a welcoming space. I tiled the front part where the door opens, and used a lovely screen i found at a yard sale and a sofa table to create a divider between the tiled front area and the wooden part of the LR which was the large space. I also got some furniture similar to the Ikea bookcases mentioned above- two of them stacked made a great room divider, with art pieces in all the spaces, or i have also used them on either side of the screen to make more of a room out of the entryway. I move the furniture around to make new groupings or to see if there is a better way to divide the room...working with what you have is easier and less costly than going out and buying new furniture.
February 4, 2013 at 7:46pm     
Amy Thompson
Move the door opening behind chair that is along wall....:))
February 4, 2013 at 8:02pm   
More Discussions
Yay or Nay
I know this may be a matter of preference, but if this...
Silver & gold leafing
I want to silver leaf my half bath. Should I re-paint...
Basement bathroom in a rental!
Hi all! We're renting this place and plan to be here...
Is it much too red?
I wanted red and pink to be the main color of our place. I...
Need help for sofa colors
I am interested in http://www.ekornes.com/us/stressless-sofas/stressless-buckingham-highback/2-seater...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.