Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
colour for bar stools
Rachel Jane
February 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Would like opinions on colour and style of bar stools for my kitchen. I like the Folio Oyster leather bar stools from Crate & Barrel. Normally I'm drawn to dark brown but I don't think that would work, due to the black in the granite counter top. I think the off white colour would balance nicely with the cabinets. My husband thinks they would be too light for the room. We're starting with a blank slate in a new house, and have yet to buy a sectional and drapes for the adjacent famiy room, but will probably go with darker earth tones.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slevs14
I will attach photos of the barstools we currently have -- something of this design is easy and goes with your stainless steel appliances and granet countertops
2 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 1:25PM
ssmile
I like the stools that slevs14 posted...but get them in cream for your space
1 Like   February 4, 2013 at 1:30PM
mmilos
I like the barstools you picked and agree with you.

Go gray on the sectional.
1 Like   February 4, 2013 at 1:31PM
Rachel Jane
I'm torn ..... I like the ones that slevs posted ..... though leaning more towards a style with a back as I usually find that more comfortable. Thinking I may buy just one at first, and bring it home to try it out in our space. Or maybe one of each style to compare.
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 10:53PM
PRO
Dytecture
Hi Rachel, here are 2 examples with white bar stools against dark island, and personally I don't think the color of the countertop really matters in this case.

South Surrey

Modern Two-Tone Kitchen
3 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:56PM
PRO
Tee'scapes
how about some hi back leather stools that fit your space just perfectly........
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 7:04PM
nikitasmom
I think Dytecture hit the mark with South Surrey. A mixture of the two colors looks rich and stylish.
I think your choice would work but it is missing something. The Modern Two-Tone is a nice combo of the other ones you like with the stainless steel, white seats with backs. If you can bring them home to test than that would be perfect. You want to make sure they are stable, comfortable, and the right height. Love what I can see of your house. So open and bright.
2 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 7:31PM
cjohnston
You are on the right track with the off white stools. I don't think they would be too light for the room. For balance, you probably do need to bring the light color of your wall cabinets to the island. Also, notice that in the photos posted by slevs14 and Dytecture, the stools are a contrasting color to the island. If you had solid black or dark brown stools, they would visually disappear into your island.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 7:32PM
Rachel Jane
Thanks again for the feedback andf for the photos, much appreciated!

Nikitasmom, my dog is Nakita, I guess that makes me Nakitasmom. :-)
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 9:42PM
Darzy
I love these stools.

5 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 9:51PM
mandylou33
A contrast is required. Cream to match your colours, or, if you are very brave, a pop of colour would look great, to break up the monochromatic look. beautiful space, by the way!
2 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 9:54PM
melaneeframp
id do white/ cream too. Maybe some with chrome/ satin to tie into the appliances. a pop of color would be nice but you may get tired of it quicker than white. ANd i'd maybe leave the pops of color of the rooms on both sides of the kitchen. Brown/ black would blend with the island. I've go with a little bit of a back on them but not a full back.... the kitchen / island is SO beautiful you wouldn't' want to block that view! haha. Keep us posted!!
0 Likes   February 18, 2013 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
repairing wood table
Our puppy got a little hungry while we were away. Does...
Dana Ratliff
Wood Floor Choice!!!! Down to 3 Options...HELP
I have narrowed it down to 3 flooring options...feel...
mark617
Deborah Sullivan
Best Homemade Gift?
As more people try to simplify their holiday giving...
Emily Hurley
Steam shower
Probably going to update our shower and convert to...
ddo323
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.